PETA Corrects Obama - Unbelievable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Actually, when I first read this, I though it was a joke:

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly - MyNorthwest.com

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

This image made from video released by CNBC, shows President Barack Obama smacking a fly dead during an interview with CNBC correspondent John Harwood, left, in the White House on Tuesday June 16, 2009 in Washington. (AP Photo/Courtesy CNBC)

Barack Obama: The human flyswatter

WASHINGTON (AP) - The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

Oh, I'm sure the poor fly would have received a much more humane treatment at PeTA Headquarters. After all, they have a stellar reputation for taking proper care of dogs and cats.

I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, but PeTA is their own worst enemy. Their excessive rhetoric, blatant distortions, and over-the-top radical actions serve only to keep them in the media spotlight, and do little for actual animal welfare.

PeTA = People Exercising Truth Avoidance

P-eople
E-ating
T-asty
A-nimals
:voodoo:

P-eople
E-ating
T-asty
A-nimals
:voodoo:
Speaking of which, I need to take one of the chopped off animals that we murdered last hunting season out of my fridge. Think a murdered bambi could be nice..

It is a joke to the rest of us Rick, only PETA seems to have missed that fact.

Speaking of which, I need to take one of the chopped off animals that we murdered last hunting season out of my fridge. Think a murdered bambi could be nice..

:confused: What?

Bambi is a tasty animal - whom we murdered and chopped up during the hunting season. Think I need to take some of it out of the freezer today..

Give me a break!!!

Flies are not animals. They are bugs that like to play in poop.

Kill em all!!

peta is almost as nuts as the sea shepard people . . .

PETA has the best PR department of any organization I've seen. Every year they get millions in free adverising from lazy reporters who just print their outrageous releases.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom