Perspiration or Leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe we need defogger for the inside of drysuit? :)

Consider backing off on undergarments, ultra toasty has it's price and a damp suit can be a cold suit on dive 2.

Pete

I dont agree with that Pete. Dampness on the inner part of the suit (outside of the undergarments) should have little or no affect on the insulating properties of your undergarments, as long as you are using the proper undergarments.

jepuskar:
I dont agree with that Pete. Dampness on the inner part of the suit (outside of the undergarments) should have little or no affect on the insulating properties of your undergarments, as long as you are using the proper undergarments.

I agree with your disagreement if as you say "you have the right garments".

jepuskar:
I agree with you agreeing on my disagreement.

Wow, look at how great everyone is getting along :)

To the OP: I am new to DS diving too, and thought the same thing. After every dive I'd be saying "Oh no, I feel wet" and having everyone check me.. "Do you see any wet spots on my back?" But after a while I figured it was too light and perfectly spread out to be a leak.

well....... here you go guys one for you to laugh at, i being an ignorant dummy in a new drysuit thought i had a leak, (was on the cypress sea in monterey) so back on the boat freezing and soaking wet!!! talking to a tech diver and phill the boat capt ,also a tech diver, trying to figure out were the leak was, as i explained were i first started wet and my actions, they both realised and then asked how i was venting my air on assent, and my reply (ignorantly) was i just hold down on the arm valve all of the way up ,dohhh, yup i am sure you all know the rest of this story!!! dahhh:D no air going out well... then lots of water comming in,live and learn!!!

jepuskar:
You mean you were pushing in on the valve button?
um..... yup i am affraid so, real smart dont you think, you know i actully thought that was what you were suppose to do, then i was showed the right way and yes i felt real dumb, but i learned a good lesson the hard way:D

Back
Top Bottom