Personal underwater audio solutions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to solo dive, use these things to your hearts content. No buddy of mine will use one. As to "having it turned up all the way and the person next to you on a plane can't hear it" I have to call a BS. It is just that your hearing is so bad you can't hear it, the rest of us hear it just fine, from two seats away.

Mike

mikerault:
If you want to solo dive, use these things to your hearts content. No buddy of mine will use one. As to "having it turned up all the way and the person next to you on a plane can't hear it" I have to call a BS. It is just that your hearing is so bad you can't hear it, the rest of us hear it just fine, from two seats away.

Mike

mikerault:
Audio clues are the only way your buddy can get your attention if you are not in direct visual contact. As inviting as music sounds consider the safety problems with not being able to hear your buddy as he frantically bangs on his tank because he is entrapped or needs air since you are grooving to your tunes and can't hear him or her.
Mike

I have to agree with both of Mike's point here.
I recently dove with a hearing impaired diver and the nicest way to put that experience is that it was "Problematic"
It was impossible to get the person's attention short of grabbing onto them.
With all the other thing's going on while you are diving does there really need to be another sensory impairing distractor added to the mix?
Is it really that big of a problem to be without your "Jams" for the length of time it takes to execute a dive?

while I have used audible signals frequently, when teaching every time I do so in order to get a students attention(after I wait a while for them to glance my way) it is followed by a comment on improving their situational awareness during the post dive briefing. This isn't to discount the value of audible signals but more to point out that on any dive it is my belief that we "should" have visual confirmation of our buddy such as it becomes a habit that we glance their way every 45 seconds or so.

Yes, not being able to get my buddy's attention would be extremely frustrating.
Anybody know if Tasers work underwater?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom