Permanent install of dryring cuffs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My question is this, does the permanent install of dry ring cuffs affect the use of the skin on the bladder? It looks from my initial scan that the velcro used to hold the sleeve of the skin in place will interfere with this installation and either have to be removed or replaced in order to hold the skin on the sleeve. Maybe I am missing something here. Oh the skin I have is also the bullet.

The cuffs I am intending to have this done with are the Viking class cuffs(think that is what they are called), you basically pull a glove up and over a bunch of ridges and they stretch over the cuff and seal against the rings. Anyways reason I am intending to use this is because my hands do not fit through most dry ring cuffs, and well to be honest this solves the expensive glove issue for me with the use of merrigolds. Also I want the ability to be able to just pop new seals in and versus having to have them glued etc.

My guess is this is pretty easily done by whites where I am intending to send the suit and cuffs to get it done, but I figured I would see what others had experienced or even if they had done this on their own. I don't believe I have seen a step by step on how to attach this on the forum, but that being said the next post up will be show me the errors in my search function use.

Regards

Steve

Aaen,

I am confused when you say "permanently" mount. Aren't the Viking cuffs the two-peice rubber "rings" where the seal goes between the two? I have them installed on my Fusion - I just fold the neoprene cuff back on the wrist.

My question is this, does the permanent install of dry ring cuffs affect the use of the skin on the bladder? It looks from my initial scan that the velcro used to hold the sleeve of the skin in place will interfere with this installation and either have to be removed or replaced in order to hold the skin on the sleeve. Maybe I am missing something here. Oh the skin I have is also the bullet.

The cuffs I am intending to have this done with are the Viking class cuffs(think that is what they are called), you basically pull a glove up and over a bunch of ridges and they stretch over the cuff and seal against the rings. Anyways reason I am intending to use this is because my hands do not fit through most dry ring cuffs, and well to be honest this solves the expensive glove issue for me with the use of merrigolds. Also I want the ability to be able to just pop new seals in and versus having to have them glued etc.

My guess is this is pretty easily done by whites where I am intending to send the suit and cuffs to get it done, but I figured I would see what others had experienced or even if they had done this on their own. I don't believe I have seen a step by step on how to attach this on the forum, but that being said the next post up will be show me the errors in my search function use.

Regards

Steve

Mine are being done on my Fusion Tech by Dive Right In Scuba as we speak. There's a bunch of videos of it. They do not interfere with the skin. If you have questions, call them, they're great!

Dive Right In Scuba

Permanent Ring System

Please click the "Watch Video" for lots of good info.

Thanks I'll contact DRIS there and see what he thinks with the classics. I have them installed on the seals but I am not a hug fan of having them there. And I believe they have to be glued onto the outside of the bladder type suits which may or may not work with the fusion inner badder..

Anyways whatever I find out I will post back here to keep other informed.

Thanks

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom