Perfecting SCUBA Breathing in Warm Water Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
what is your current Surface Air Consumption and Volume(RMV) consumption while on scuba?

Have you improved on your breathing (air consumption while Scuba diving)since you started SCUBA (OW)?

if yes what steps did you do to improve your air consumption at depth ?

paolov:
what is your current Surface Air Consumption and Volume(RMV) consumption while on scuba?

Have you improved on your breathing (air consumption while Scuba diving)since you started SCUBA (OW)?

I think there is a "computation table" somewhere in the SB forum to estimate one's SAC.

My first dive in Cathedral (Dive no. 7) 34 minutes (including 3 mins. SS), 50 feet. The fish went hungry cuz i couldn't stay any longer. Grabe noh?!

clgsamson:
My first dive in Cathedral (Dive no. 7) 34 minutes (including 3 mins. SS), 50 feet. The fish went hungry cuz i couldn't stay any longer. Grabe noh?!

what was your ending pressure ?

Have you improved ?

paolov:
what was your ending pressure ?

Have you improved ?
It was 500 psi when I started my ascent. Ended up with 300 psi na lang ( at least hindi magkakaron ng moisture and tanke).

Improved? yes pards, a huge improvement and yet I didn't stop smoking (pnagmalaki pa noh). I learned to relax and "be lazy" underwater. I commit to rote the placement/location of every ring in my bc, every snaps, dive light, UW camera, buttons of my UW camera housing, etc..to avoid task loading buildup. And oh, since then I sip my air, not suck it.

ps - from 12 pounds lead weights to 6 lbs. is a factor din.

lots of cardio, weights and healthy diet. most of the dives i used to end with about 50 bar average now my average in the same sites are 90-100 bar. guess my comfort level and confidence also played a key role in improving air consumption

I used to be the first person to go low on air during 1 - 12 of my dives . . reaching about 700 when everyone else is still 1500. . . but now I've improved a lot, I've never gone below 1000 with my dives anymore. . . . Maybe before, I was still struggling with buoyancy and practicing the inhales and exhales with too much effort that's why i consume too much air.

paolov:

i'm still a newbie with scuba. my average air consumption is 35-36 psi/minute. i wish to improve it, maybe bring it down to 31 or 30. any tips?

i've started to trim down my yosi & beer consumption.... :diver: planning on doing some cardio.

breathe slowly & deeply. savor the air. don't make any rapid or jerky movements underwater, you'll just tire easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom