Perfecting SCUBA Breathing in Warm Water Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

di pa nmn nabago....just a little fine tuning lang para ma-enjoy ang dives.

also, decreased on lead weights... from 10lbs down to 6lbs na lng on my last dive. noticeable improvement din sa air consumption.

hmmm.... i haven't been the best at keeping a steady record... sometimes i just forget to check ending pressure, sometimes my gear config changes, etc.

pero generally (based on last dives) laki ng improvement... i ended 40+ minute dives w/ 40ft averages at about 1000psi... i've also started to learn to relax although sometimes still tend to think (and thus move) in surface mode... my splits help a lot in just puttering about, no need for big fin movements (tapik-tapik lang)

shifting to a bp/w has also helped a lot IMO, i feel a lot more streamlined, i'm not constantly struggling with my bouyancy, i can (actually) hold a safety stop w/ not much effort, and my belt has become significantly lighter.

i used steel tanks for the 1st time last thrusday so my belt was at 4 (w/ 6lb SS bp) although i think nga i could have afforded to drop an extra 1 or 2 but didn't want to wreck a nice dive day with experiments in cow harpooning

next dive, especially if al80, i'll try dropping an extra 1 and see if i don't have problems

Jag

PS
can the instructors remind me to ask for a demo of the right breathing pace just to make sure i'm not doing this wrong pa rin? thanks

jonix:
tank ko last weekend may tagas bwahahahaha...new rig, medyo getting to know each other pa kami (ok sa excuse diba hehehehe)
getting to know ka dyan... if i know kilala mo na yang rig mo very intimately... dahil 3 weeks mo nang katabi matulog hahahahahaha

Jag

i am not asking for "how to compute for SAC" i am asking you guys of your SAC as a comparative from the time you started diving up to this point.

pati rmv gamit ko .....

hmpgh !

i started with 14lbs on a 3mm wetsuit, always the first to go low on air. my asthma was active then (this was before year 2000), with this, i had to put more effort to move my bodymass plus 14lbs of lead. this needs energy , energy needs muscle power, muscles need more blood to be pumped into it. blood needs to replenish oxygen, oxygen obtained from lungs. lungs = breathing

i always ended up 500 psi or less

then i let go of the 3mm suit now diving with rashguard, i took lagundi tea, i got a back plate, i became a DM and now, i end most fun dives with other divers at half tank or more.

lesson .... always show your ADvanced cert card even if you have higher rating cert. so you can enjoy the fun dives.....

ex. in imperial units
air tank used = 80 cu. ft.
pressure for airtank = 3,000 psi
SAC = 0.5

1st depth = 60 ft.
durtation at 1st depth = 20 mins
air consumption = 1,060 psi

2nd depth = 30 ft
duration 2nd depth = 10 mins
air consumption = 356 psi

Safety stop depth = 15 ft
duration safety stop = 5 mins
air consumption = 136 psi

total air consumption for a dive of 35 mins = 1,552 psi

remaining in tank = 3,000 - 1552 = 1,448 psi

this can be approximated if the Peak Performance Buoyancy (PPB) skills be perfected . PPB is all about being relaxed. Obviously if you don't have a problem with airconsumption and buoyancy then you don't need to take this PPB course.

to be relaxed in a particular type of dive, you have got to have the proper training, gear, and most proper attitude.

Oh by the way i am conducting a PPB on .......... BWAHAHAHAHAHHA just like doing the IDC hehehehhehe

Same here, somehow i've improved. My main problem before was the use of my hands underwater. After watching some videos, I found out that I had this tendency to use my hands to move underwater. I also put the tip of my tongue against the upper palate of my mouth to restrict airflow. I read that in a magazine. :)

On the average, I end my 50 minute dives at 80 feet with 1000psi. Yup, needs more improvement. Still need to be more relaxed. But I'm getting my new bp/w setup next week so I hope to get better results with a more streamlined profile. yehey!!

Back
Top Bottom