Peregrine Silicone Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one. I just make sure some clean water gets in under the cover when I'm rinsing things.

I have one, but only dive fresh water.

DW

When I bought it I was thinking not needed.

In SW I do hunt, fish & lobsters. But if I reach in a hole I'm most like to do that with my right hand & wear it on my left, so it seems the risk to it is minimal. But then you never know...

It's $40, not a ton of cash, just wondering if it's really needed or more of a peace of mind thing is all.

When I bought it I was thinking not needed.

In SW I do hunt, fish & lobsters. But if I reach in a hole I'm most like to do that with my right hand & wear it on my left, so it seems the risk to it is minimal. But then you never know...

It's $40, not a ton of cash, just wondering if it's really needed or more of a peace of mind thing is all.
For me, I guess it is for peace of mind. The Peregrine is my first brand new dive computer since '08, and I figured a little extra protection can't hurt.

DW

I get that. Mine was an Oceanic SPG/Comp/Compass console in 2004. Cost about $350

Now the peregrine was $510 my itself, kinda protective of it...

Aluminum covers?

Those are nice. Funny, they cost 50% more but since they're not injection molded silicone they actually seem worth the money, where the others seem over priced

Back
Top Bottom