Perdix with NATO strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If this has been discussed I did not find it with a quick search. Has anyone tried NATO style watch straps with the Perdix?

Do you mean to wear the Perdix with two NATO straps? What would be the advantage over the straps supplied with the computer?

Do you mean to wear the Perdix with two NATO straps? What would be the advantage over the straps supplied with the computer?
A nato is one piece, if a spring bar comes off, the other spring bar (or strap bar, I think these are screwed in) will retain the computer, with the two piece strap that comes with the Teric is one side let’s go the computer falls off.

A nato is one piece, if a spring bar comes off, the other spring bar (or strap bar, I think these are screwed in) will retain the computer, with the two piece strap that comes with the Teric is one side let’s go the computer falls off.
There are no spring bars, or moveable bars, in the Perdix.

I am referring to the Perdix as designated by the OP. The Perdix is designed for use with two straps.

I am referring to the Perdix as designated by the OP. The Perdix is designed for use with two straps.
Oops, I thought he was asking about the Teric, you are correct the perdex has two independent straps.

I am just not 100% sold on the bungee or the oem straps and keep trying to find a better ( for me ) solution. Tried this one as well but still not 100% happy.

Again, are you thinking about a single NATO strap or a pair? I would be interested if you found a single strap satisfactory. Even if you decide on a single NATO strap it seems there is an advantage to the OEM strap in being elastic, simple, and easy to install and adjust. The NATO might be more individualistic or attractive.

Again, are you thinking about a single NATO strap or a pair?

I was thinking of a pair. Not sure why exactly, I just find the oem straps a bit lacking.

Back
Top Bottom