Perdix 2 protective screen replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyway, just sharing my experience. What I finally found that works perfect every time is plain old windex. It takes longer to dry but just apply a little squirt to either surface (fine mist on both back of sticker and screen) place it where you want it, squeegee it out and let it dry for 12 hours or so.
I can't decide if I want to attempt this before heading out to dive this weekend... I have lots go other gear projects to tackle. But the gist is, do it like a standard screen protector? Clean extensively, get dust off, but you're saying apply windex then slip it on and remove bubbles? Then dry for 12 hours?

I can't decide if I want to attempt this before heading out to dive this weekend... I have lots go other gear projects to tackle. But the gist is, do it like a standard screen protector? Clean extensively, get dust off, but you're saying apply windex then slip it on and remove bubbles? Then dry for 12 hours?
Yes.. I would clean with windex, wipe off with a lint free whatever and make sure theres no fuzz or streaks and then apply a thin coat on both the dc and the sticky part of the protector. Squeegy out the air and liquid.

It might not take 12 hours, but I takes a while. I've come back an hour later and can still move it any which way. I just let it sit overnight.

Once you do one it's a piece of cake.

I have done countless very large decals on the side of our trucks (like 3' by 6' monstrous decals). I have made more mistakes then I'd like to admit. Tried soapy water, isopropyl alcohol, different mixes, etc. It's very frustrating to have to peel a large decal off🤬

Anyway, just sharing my experience. What I finally found that works perfect every time is plain old windex. It takes longer to dry but just apply a little squirt to either surface (fine mist on both back of sticker and screen) place it where you want it, squeegee it out and let it dry for 12 hours or so.

It takes longer to dry then I'd like but the result is 100% success rate. I actually just did this the other day to a Deep 6 computer, just let it sit overnight. You have almost an infinite amount of time to adjust just where you want it, and everyone has windex on hand.

Good luck @LFMarm!
Just used windex, waited overnight and it looks perfect.

I finally replaced my screen protector after arguably too long a time with the original and some marks. I followed the above and used the windex equivalent where we are. Worked perfectly, no issues.

Cleaned the area. Sprayed some windex, placed it where I wanted it. (I didn't spray too much windex so was more specific in the placement), squeezed the rest out and it was done. I still need to dive it but it looked great straight away.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom