Perdix 2 protective screen replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't sweat it, replacing the screen protector is really easy. You might have a harder time getting the old screen protector off unless a corner is already lifted.

Make sure to follow the directions in the DGX Product Attachments page. It's for the older Predator model but the principles are the same. I used straight 70% isopropyl alcohol without diluting. You'll also want to keep your fingers wet, and optionally use a credit card or rigid plastic edge to smooth out bubbles. If there are still any bubbles remaining or if it's not aligned correctly the wet application allows you to remove the screen protector and re-try. Alternatively any bubbles will be pushed out by water pressure the next time you dive.

Don't sweat it, replacing the screen protector is really easy. You might have a harder time getting the old screen protector off unless a corner is already lifted.

Make sure to follow the directions in the DGX Product Attachments page. It's for the older Predator model but the principles are the same. I used straight 70% isopropyl alcohol without diluting. You'll also want to keep your fingers wet, and optionally use a credit card or rigid plastic edge to smooth out bubbles. If there are still any bubbles remaining or if it's not aligned correctly the wet application allows you to remove the screen protector and re-try. Alternatively any bubbles will be pushed out by water pressure the next time you dive.
I have done countless very large decals on the side of our trucks (like 3' by 6' monstrous decals). I have made more mistakes then I'd like to admit. Tried soapy water, isopropyl alcohol, different mixes, etc. It's very frustrating to have to peel a large decal off🤬

Anyway, just sharing my experience. What I finally found that works perfect every time is plain old windex. It takes longer to dry but just apply a little squirt to either surface (fine mist on both back of sticker and screen) place it where you want it, squeegee it out and let it dry for 12 hours or so.

It takes longer to dry then I'd like but the result is 100% success rate. I actually just did this the other day to a Deep 6 computer, just let it sit overnight. You have almost an infinite amount of time to adjust just where you want it, and everyone has windex on hand.

Good luck @LFMarm!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802-053123_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802-053123_Gallery.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 57
Darn, I just scratched mine as well. It's not too bad and doesn't hinder being able to see any info, so I may just go with it for now but glad I found this thread.

Let's say I didn't want to DIY it? Will Shearwater replace it for me (and how much $ would it cost)?

Historically divetronix sent them for free with instructions

Darn, I just scratched mine as well. It's not too bad and doesn't hinder being able to see any info, so I may just go with it for now but glad I found this thread.

Let's say I didn't want to DIY it? Will Shearwater replace it for me (and how much $ would it cost)?
You're looking for SW / Divetronix to apply the protection? I'd be more worried about it getting lost in the mail.

Just read my post above.. it's super simple to do. You really can't mess it up. Reach out to Divetronix and they'll send you a few.

Just read my post above.. it's super simple to do. You really can't mess it up. Reach out to Divetronix and they'll send you a few.
Ok thanks! Didn't realize they handled support for Shearwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom