• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Perdix with NATO strap?

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by Yellowdog, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Trivan

Trivan Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I previously used the supplied straps with the old Perdix. I find this is easier to adjust. I'll be trying this out in July. The tubing is the safety and helps keep it on while buckling the straps

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

These are the 20mm straps

FezUSA likes this.
  2. Mike1967

Mike1967 Manta Ray

I use the supplied straps, I don't know how anything could be easier.

Griffo, Rollin Bonz and lexvil like this.
  3. rddvet

rddvet DIR Practitioner

That looks way more annoying than bungees or the supplied strap. Why are people trying to reinvent the wheel on things that have worked for everyone else for years

Rollin Bonz likes this.
  4. Trivan

Trivan Angel Fish

I actually find these easier than the buckles and really don't like how the straps are loose at the end. Maybe it's years of putting on a watch every day which is programmed into my brain. I've never been able to get the bungees tight enough to prevent the Perdix from rotating around my bare wrist w/o cutting off circulation. I'm sure the bungees are fine if you're wearing a wetsuit.

5. Brules

Brules Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My issue with the supplied plastic buckles is they work, but they dont appear to be very strong......

Going to Cozumel in June and the dive op I use has small panga style 6 person boats. When surfacing I always take my BC off and the boat Capt pulls my tank and BC into boat before I climb in. My worry is during this process of taking BC off, if my perdix snags on bc - could the buckles fail? Probably not......but then again do I want to risk it?

The NATO style strap def wont fail thus why I am very interested in getting a set to put on. The surgical tubing went right into the trash the second I opened the zip case lol!

6. Brules

Brules Loggerhead Turtle

Trivan likes this.
  7. Brules

Brules Loggerhead Turtle

Just got these in. Will get them on later tonight. Very impressed with them. Just what I wanted!

2313.jpg

FezUSA likes this.
  8. TTPaws

TTPaws IDC Staff Instructor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Just an observation, they look like solid webbing with no stretch, won't they come loose as you descend?

I've always used bungees or the provided ones with the clips and even then, in my drysuit I have to remember to tighten them a bit at depth.

racanichou likes this.
  9. Brules

Brules Loggerhead Turtle

The nice thing about these is they have so many hold you can actually get it to fit very nicely and if it loosens a bit it is no issue. When I put it on I am on hole 3 and hole 4 so the second strap is a fraction tighter so it fits my wrist as it narrows down to hand.

Diving all next week in Coz, will report back how they work. Taking the stock straps with me as well as backup/may wear as well to get good comparison.

10. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I use one of these on my dive computer and backup dive watch. They work fine as long as you tighten them up. If you only tighten the strap to where you would if your were wearing the watch, computer, etc. at the surface...it will loosen up as you descend (if you're wearing it over a wet suit) and get to where it's just rolling around on your wrist.