Perdix, even more amazing features

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bratface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Did you know on your Shearwater computers that you can apply your name and phone number/e-mail to the start up screen so everyone will know it's yours?

Using bluetooth from your Shearwater desktop, click on Dive Computer from the top row.
Now click on Update Start Up Text from the drop down list.
Add your information on the two lines.
On your dive computer, go to Dive Log--Upload Log and press Upload.
Now click start.
You will have to reboot the dive computer and when started again, your information is on the front screen.

They have great product support, so if you have any trouble, send them an e-mail and they will help you.
You've got to have the current firmware installed on your dive computer. To initialize the bluetooth on the dive computer, just go to Dive Log--Upload Log.

Last edited:
How cool is that? I really like features like that, since we often have two or more of the same item at our house.

I have been using a pet tag with same information zip tied through one of the bungee holes. I have one on my camera as well, but, yeah, to be able to see the information as soon as you turn on the computer is awesome.

Brat face,

Big thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom