Percussion Massagers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Full disclosure, I'm a disabled veteran and have some long-term knee and ankle issues. With that said, I wanted to share my experience using a percussion massager on my legs. I have been out of the water for a while and hoping to do two dive trips in the next six months or so. But if you're someone who suffers from cramping or calf tightness from finning etc, might be worth checking one of these out. For me, I use one just feel normal walking more the most part, but I could definitely see the value for diving as well. The first couple I bought were cheapo Walmart or drug store vibration models but I broke those after a couple months. I looked around at some of the harder core models and I'm glad I did. My gate and the looseness of my muscles have improved dramatically in a matter of weeks. Not pimping any particular model. Some retail close the $500. The one I got off Amazon was like $160 on sale and has the same specs. It feels like a real mechanic's tool in its power and build feel. Anyone else have similar experience to share?

Rooftree Massager

I've been looking at them since I broke my hip and got into physical therapy. I'm also a cyclist and they are big in the cycling community for before and after ride therapy/recovery. I'm glad to see your opinion on the cheapos and the one you linked. I know Theragun seems to be the standard but they ain't cheap!
There are some less than stellar reviews to the Rooftrees but more positive ones. I'll be interested to see how yours is in a couple of months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom