People getting smarter? NOPE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We haven’t been slow, just lucky. :mooner:

I stopped by one of our local tow companies this morning before I went home and we took a stroll through their impound lot.

Sitting amongst the plethora of fubared vehicles was an SUV in a puddle of water. So I chuckle and asked who parked in a swimming pool?

The company owner tells me that the SUV we were looking at and at least three others were recovered over the past weekend from various locations of our waterways. My response was, HUH, we never got called out.

It turns out that my thinking the motoring public is getting smarter was totally off base. They are just getting luckier.

Of all the ones that went swimming not one involved a loss of life or the threat of a loss and the vehicles had no evidentiary value to us. Hence, no callout.

As busy as we are we do not respond to any dives that interfere with commercial enterprise. In other words, if we roll on a vehicle in the water, check it out, find nothing and we don’t need the vehicle as evidence, we don’t do the hook up. The tow companies have their own divers that they pay for the recoveries. We are here to get a job done and try not to interfere with someone’s paycheck if at all possible.

There is a rare occasion where they will request us to hook up for them but that is only at their request.

So people up here aren’t getting smarter, just luckier which is fine with me. I’m getting sick of Rigor. :shakehead

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom