Pencils for WetNotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
It's basically scrapple, but made from kangaroos instead of pigs. Here's the label transcribed:

Contents: whipped kangaroo fetus, chopped kangaroo genitalia, kangaroo eyes, koala ears, Bloomin' Onion (TM), one oil can of Foster's beer, tumbleweeds, one British convict (minced), preservatives.

(shaking head)......Im really starting to like this guy......

O-ring once bubbled...

...the funny thing is that because water is so much more dense than air the pages almost turn themselves- they quasi float when you try to flip one..hard to explain. I think it is much easier to turn the pages in Wetnotes underwater than on land. I have never had a problem turning pages in my 3mm gloves, but I haven't tried it with thicker gloves.

I've been able to turn pages and retrieve the pencil inside the cover "sleeve" using diving concepts insulated dry gloves...

Also, sharpened a broken pencil underwater with a dive knife once... wasn't that bad... hardest part was getting my buddy to let me use his knife :)

cwb once bubbled...

I've been able to turn pages and retrieve the pencil inside the cover "sleeve" using diving concepts insulated dry gloves...

Also, sharpened a broken pencil underwater with a dive knife once... wasn't that bad... hardest part was getting my buddy to let me use his knife :)
My worst underwater communication episode yet was when I stuck the cap on the end of the pencil (the top) too tight while writing and when I was done went to pull it off and recap the pencil...well, the little rubber gasket thing that holds all the leads in the pop-a-point pencil came off and I had those little leads everywhere....the pencils don't write without ALL the leads in them...good thing I had a spare.

Those things are cool. I'll test drive them in Akumal in a day or two.

Roak

Roak....where ya staying in Akumal? I know of a couple local Jerseyites down there. One dude from San Diego too.

Oring....do you guys have scrapple down there or are you a transplant?

As to the pencils. Some companies make pencils out of recycled plastic instead of wood. Check out your local stationary supply store and read the pencil boxes.
http://www.ideas21.co.uk/76

Transplant...and my father is a scrapple junkie...

Dectek once bubbled...
Roak....where ya staying in Akumal? I know of a couple local Jerseyites down there. One dude from San Diego too.

As to the pencils. Some companies make pencils out of recycled plastic instead of wood. Check out your local stationary supply store and read the pencil boxes.

I have a pencil made from recycled US Currency, dont know where it came from though....

I was just wondering if anyone bothers to dry out their Wet Notes book or just let it sit and take care of its self?

I typicaly wipe of the each page before storing my gear after a dive trip, but it seems silly to do this. Maybe I'll live on the edge and pack it away as is.

Pez

I use a cheap plasic twist-up type w/ eraser: papermate sharpwriter.

Seems to work pretty well so far - almost fits into the binding of the wetnotes but can be tricky advancing the lead with drygloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom