Pencils for WetNotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcanty once bubbled...
Sorry 'bout that!

I thought I had seen it here!
( just read my post. I even said it. )

All credit to o-ring!!

Kell
I need every ounce of proof that I have contributed something to the board...that was my one shining moment...

They usually have a little box of them in the Lottery display so you can probably swipe a dozen or so. <grin>

Do they fit in the binder of wetnotes?

If you're using WetNotes, the barrel of a Space Pen is too wide to allow it to be slipped inside the the plastic rings of the binder.

If you've switched to looseleaf Dura-Rite, the pen fits inside the rings.

Where do you put it and how do you keep the thing there?

I took a piece of very thin bungee about a 18" long and tied one end around the barrel of the pen under the pocket clip. The other end I tied a small loop in. Normally, I keep the bungee looped through one of the rings in my Dura-Rite binder and the pen inside the rings, just like I used to do with pencils inside WetNotes.

Here's an enthusiastic plug - I think every diver should investigate Dura-Rite paper, especially if you're diving with WetNotes. Cool stuff! It's truly waterproof, like WetNotes, but it's made from paper. Unlike WetNotes, you can run it through a laser printer without melting, so you can print your bailout tables and site diagrams and still read them 100 dives later. Use it for your log sheets and you never have to worry about them getting soggy and falling apart. Carry some pre-printed log sheets with you and you can take notes while you're diving instead of trying to remember everything while getting your butt pounded on the boat ride back. Blank pages make for good, "Hey, what kind of shark is that coming up from behind you?" kind of notes. When it's dry, it feels and looks pretty much like "normal" paper. It comes in a variety of formats - a number of bound styles as well as looseleaf, pre-printed with a variety of lined patterns or blank. The looseleaf stuff measures 4 5/8" X 7" (just slightly larger than WetNotes) and is pre-punched for a little six ring binder. The binder is GREAT. It allows you to add, remove and reshuffle pages easily and to carry as much or as little paper as you're going to need. I had about 60 freshwater dives and 50 saltwater dives this year and the binder has held up just fine.

Dura-Rite - take a look at their website

An earlier Scuba Board thread that discusses Wet Notes and Dura-Rite

It's good stuff.

Steven

I found a old 'china wax marker' that looks like it will work great on slates, I dont know if they are avalable new, the only new ones i have seen are the ones wraped in wood and you 'peal' them for a new point. the one I have has the wax 'stick' in a plastic tube and it screws out from the back to feed it out. will let you know how it works under water and if i find a new source for them.....:mean:

I have a quick Q regarding wet notes. How do you turn the pages with goves on? And if you tell me to take them off then tell me how to keep my hands warm in 40-50 degF water:eek: . If needed the gloves come off of corse but if there is a trick let me know, thanks.
Ron

salty once bubbled...
I have a quick Q regarding wet notes. How do you turn the pages with goves on? And if you tell me to take them off then tell me how to keep my hands warm in 40-50 degF water:eek: . If needed the gloves come off of corse but if there is a trick let me know, thanks.
Ron
...the funny thing is that because water is so much more dense than air the pages almost turn themselves- they quasi float when you try to flip one..hard to explain. I think it is much easier to turn the pages in Wetnotes underwater than on land. I have never had a problem turning pages in my 3mm gloves, but I haven't tried it with thicker gloves.

Looks like in addition to my kicks Ill have to practice using my wet notes too. I feeel ashamed to say it but in the past year I have never needed to use then thus never opend them underwater. I ASSumed that like on land the wet pages would stick.

salty once bubbled...
Looks like in addition to my kicks Ill have to practice using my wet notes too. I feeel ashamed to say it but in the past year I have never needed to use then thus never opend them underwater. I ASSumed that like on land the wet pages would stick.
I think I had them for 3-4 months before I wrote anything on them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom