Pelham Roll Call 12/16/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well here's the not-so-technical version.
Everyone arrived a little early and there were probably 10 divers waiting for the gate to open. Steven was about 10 or 15 minutes behind schedule to open up for us but that gave us a few minutes to get to know each other.

We dove the plan! Only exceptions being the entry times, which always vary a little.
Bottom temps were 59F everywhere we went. It was a bright and sunny day with calm winds and the air temps were great. I think the high was probably around 70F. Visability was around 30'.

Dive 1 - Entered on decks on east side, descended to 20' deck. Everyone was ok so we descended down the line and followed the line out and continued past the sailboat and directly to School Bus at 72'. Explored bus for a few minutes & returned to Sailboat and explored it for a few more minutes. Swam back to ascent line and made a nice controlled ascent back to the deck where we did our 3 minute safety stop.
Total Bottom Time: 24 Minutes
I think Snepdiver & I got a few pictures on our cheap underwater box cameras, but it was fairly dim at that depth, so I'm not sure how they'll turn out.

Dive 2 - Entered on decks on west side and followed north wall heading west. Explored a Boat, Firetruck, & Camper along the way. Swam thru brim beds (a vegetatation bottom where lots of fish nest) and along north wall on west side where it drops off which is really cool. I saw a lot of baby fish swimming around in the grasses , not sure if you guys noticed. Reversed heading at our return pressure and followed same route and returned to decks where were did our 3 minute safety stop.
For the most part we stayed between 35'-50' but we drifted down a little around the dropoff and swam back up to our planned max depth.
Total Bottom Time: 29 Minutes
I had hoped for a little longer bottom time but with the colder water and fairly agressive swimming we burned thru our air quickly. Except for Luster who showed up with his brand new Steel 130 Tank.

Dive 3 - This was a free exploration with buddy on the east side. Andy decided to sit this one out so buddies were Clay & Luster, Denise & Cam. We all descended to 20' initially and then swam to the 30' deck to get into the general area. Denise & I swam around the concrete pipes that are piled down there and looked at some cars, boats, a satellite dish and other stuff. All I can say for this side is, "Man there's a lot of junk down there!". I forgot to emphasize that it was ok to leave the group with your buddy, so I think Clay & Luster spent a few minutes looking for us and they finally found us looking around the rocks up under the decks. Sorry guys. For the most part we stayed around 35' with a few dips down to look at stuff. Returned to deck and completed our 3 minute safety stop.
Total Bottom Time: 31 Minutes

Dive 4 - Clay had to run & Denise and Andy needed to get on the road too. Luster & I made one last dive around 3:45. We decided to "just go exploring" and stay shallow. I won't go into the details of this one.

Overall this was a good day. It was nice meeting all of you fellow ScubaBoarders.

Hopefully we can do it again real soon!

Great dive report. Yes I was too chicken to get in the water or just lazy as I have already packed up my wifes an my gear for the season. I guess I'll wait till the water is a little warmer. Actually I'm planning on trying a dry suit during DUI days at Blue Water in March. It was great to meet you guys. I look forward to diving with you folks.

When and What is DUI day at BlueWater?

Michael

DUI is a scuba company and they will be setting up an area at Blue Water to demonstrate their stuff. If you are diving that day, they will let you try their stuff for free to see if you like it. They will also be giving out free stuff. Should be a fun time. Blue Water has several events like this each year with several of the manufacturers. You can keep checking BWs website to see when they come up.

CorallineDream:
Dive 3 -I forgot to emphasize that it was ok to leave the group with your buddy, so I think Clay & Luster spent a few minutes looking for us and they finally found us. Sorry guys.

He's not sorry. :huh: He was actually trying to ditch you guys but you were too fast for him.
He was trying to see if Clay would turn blue if we left him down there long enough.:shakehead

PS (Sorry Clay, I just had to get in one more jab before you wear your "NEW" 7m.:D )

denisegg:
He's not sorry. :huh: He was actually trying to ditch you guys but you were too fast for him.
He was trying to see if Clay would turn blue if we left him down there long enough.:shakehead

PS (Sorry Clay, I just had to get in one more jab before you wear your "NEW" 7m.:D )

:rofl3: Ha-Ha. Very funny. I was in much better shape after 3 dives than I was after 1 the previous week.

philmottrek99and02:
Dang it Mike, you busted me for travelling too much! I am glad that everyone had a great time yesterday. Got to see the report when you can get r done!

Howard

ps Mike,
Are you a member of some drum team?

Me? nooooo... I've got no rythmn!

snepdiver:
:rofl3: Ha-Ha. Very funny. I was in much better shape after 3 dives than I was after 1 the previous week.

Yes, Clay but you had a presence their this past weekend to inspire you that you didn't have the weekend before which was warm, glowing, bright and cheery , and of course you know what the source was.........ummmmmmm yea, you're right, it was the sun :14: .

denisegg:
Yes, Clay but you had a presence their this past weekend to inspire you that you didn't have the weekend before which was warm, glowing, bright and cheery , and of course you know what the source was.........ummmmmmm yea, you're right, it was the sun :14: .

The sun was there the previous weekend. It could not have been the sun you were thinking of.

Well then Clay,
Higher air temps perhaps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom