Pelham Roll Call 12/16/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CorallineDream

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The weather forecast for Saturday is looking really good so several of us have decided to dive Bluewater again in Pelham, AL. Forecasted highs of 72F with Sunshine and Calm winds.

So far I know about Luster & Me and possibly Clay, Denisegg & her son have decided to make the trip north to join us.

We will arrive at 9 AM when they open and plan to be in the water by 10-10:30AM.
This should be a very active day of diving. We are planning to make about 3 or 4 dives total if everyone is comfortable and warm enough. I will post dive plans later on this evening so everyone knows the planned objectives.

Anyone who is planning on joining us please respond to this thread.

We look forward to meeting everyone and having a great time!

Even though I'm jobless right now, I'm going to see about joining all of you. I know the wife won't come, but I might be able to bring along Frankc420 (My dive buddy.). I just have to see how the next week goes. I'm betting no one will want to hire right at Christmas time, so I might as well TRY to take advantage of it.

Michael

Can you believe it? I am finally going diving!!!!! :yelclap: This will be the first time since I joined Scubaboard, AND I am going with Scubaboarders!! I told you guys I am a diver. I know some of you were beginning to doubt it. I am willing to brave 59F water temps to prove it! I am so excited! I can't wait!

(Okay, enough with the !!!!!!!!!!!!)

denisegg:
Can you believe it? I am finally going diving!!!!! :yelclap: This will be the first time since I joined Scubaboard, AND I am going with Scubaboarders!! I told you guys I am a diver. I know some of you were beginning to doubt it. I am willing to brave 59F water temps to prove it! I am so excited! I can't wait!

(Okay, enough with the !!!!!!!!!!!!)

You know that we will have to see pictures as proof! Enjoy the dive. We are off to Callawy to enjoy the Christmas lights. Enjoy!

Howard

Here are the basic dives I have planned for Bluewater this Saturday.
We will go over more of the fine details onsite.

I realize some of you haven't been in the water in a while, so we will take our time and do all entries on the 4.5' decks, then descend to 10' deck, then on to the next 20' deck and make sure everyone is OK. From there we will continue our descents and exploration. We will make a 3 minute safety stop at 15' on all dives.

Overall Objective: Practice Skills, Explore, Have Fun!
Arrival: 9:00 AM
Expected Air Temps: Lo 46F - Hi 73F
Expected Water Temps: 54F-59F
Exposure Protection: You'll want a full wetsuit preferably 5mm or better or some extra layers if using thinner suit, Hood, Gloves & Booties. Or bring your dry suit!

Dive 1
Objective: Explore Sailboat at 65', Explore Schoolbus at 70'
Entry Time: 10:00 AM (Approx)
Target Depth: 65' - 72'
Max Depth: 80'
Max Time: 25 minutes
Surface Interval: 1:00

Dive 2
Objective: Underwater Exploration along North Wall on West Side of Quarry, Explore Firetrucks, Boats, other junk, swim past brim beds and follow wall around to power pole, return along same path
Entry Time: 11:30 AM (Approx)
Target Depth: 35' - 50'
Max Depth: 50'
Max Time: 41 Minutes
Surface Interval: 1:04

Dive 3
Objective: Free Exploration with Buddy in Shallows around decks on East Side behind Dive Shop, there are usually a lot of fish that like to hang out around there
Entry Time: 1:15 PM
Target Depth: 25' - 35'
Max Depth: 50'
Max Time: 46 Minutes
Surface Interval:1:00

Dive 4
To be determined. If we have time left and everyone is warm and feeling up to it, we'll plan a 4th together. Entry Time would be approximately 3:00 PM after surface interval.

As far as lunch goes, in the interest of diving I generally don't leave the site for lunch so you'll probably want to bring something. I always bring a whole bunch of snacks and drinks to share also.

See you guys soon!

The forecast just keeps getting better:

HighLow Saturday:
Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s.
spacer_trans.gif
73°F
46°F
23°C
8°C

I can't wait.

My son's graduation is the 16th in Tuscaloosa. If only I had a clone. Maybe next time

RocketMan:
My son's graduation is the 16th in Tuscaloosa. If only I had a clone. Maybe next time

We have a daughter graduating there next spring. I will be missing diving then. At least you are missing winter diving and not spring diving.:shakehead

Have a good time and good luck to the grad.

Dang. I will be in Nashville building come cabinets. I really want to get back down to Blue Water... just have yet to find the time to drive down there. Anyways, have fun. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of you again, especially when I am back in Alabama for the summer.

You are welcome to join us anytime. I plan on diving at least 2 times a month in the spring and summer. Just keep an eye here for our plans.

Back
Top Bottom