Peeing in your wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianKon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok I know bathroom humor...right?, but on a serious note:

How many dives before you stopped peeing in a rental wetsuit?

How many dives before you stopped peeing in YOUR wetsuit?

Etiquette for when you do pee in a wetsuit?

for those who are bashfull, I will except "my friend" and "his/her" when answering.

Never rented a wetsuit

I am on dive 200....ill let you know if i ever stop

I like to pee once about 10min into dive one and once at the start of dive 2...3...4...5.... It keeps me warm.

In days of old, when men were bold
Before drysuits were invented
The best latrine was neoprene
Especially when rented

Haven't done it yet--a major accomplishment for someone with a bladder problem. Timing is everything....Of course I don't count warm water dives when in my shortie or body suit...

I have a front-load washing machine. 1 Tablespoon of woolite and a gentle cycle after every use - peed or not. I have a 10-year-old Bare wetsuit that still looks great!

HOWEVER - for those of you that don't drink a lot of water - you stink! Open your suit and let water flood through, will ya?

Ummm'... I... I got this friend...

Yea, that's it... I got this friend and we had to let him know not to pee around the ladder while your waiting to get in the boat IF your not the last one in...

Never pee in the boat before OR after your dive... Always jump back in if necessary or off the back...

Stop???

Best to be in the water, following the warmth, crack your neck and allow water to flow in... Not sure if its FIFO but I do like a bit of a flush.... :D

Don't use them... they have been peed in...!!! :shocked2:

Now wetsuites are a different matter and yes, you need to remember what your wearing!!!:wink:

lee

Ok I know bathroom humor...right?, but on a serious note:

for those who are bashfull, I will except "my friend" and "his/her" when answering.

Peeing in your wetsuit is pretty much a fact of life. Once you have enough experience, your SAC drops and your dives become longer. Combined with proper hydration and vascular constriction from cool water... its going to happen.

As for etiquette

1) Clean the rental suit (and yours) with Pine Sol or similar to get rid of the smell.

2) Avoid peeing in the last few minutes of the dive for your buddies sake so the pee flushes out to some extent.

3) Don't pee in your dry suit unless you are hooked up.:D

For a little bit of fun, but also for some useful advice for new divers..no DM likes rinsing pee suits. :)

There are two kids of divers - those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie. Just flush some water through during the dive or at the end of the dive.

See above.

It is generally considered to be rude or uncouth to pee in your wetsuit before you enter the water, especially if you are on a boat or in a RHIB.

I have a 10-year-old bare that still looks great!

Um, isn't that illegal? Oh wait... now I understand you!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom