Peeing in a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't stress what @lexvil said about trimming the catheter down. I do the same thing, but I've never seen that mentioned on here. My barbs to the quick connect are way shorter than the outlet on the catheter, so I have to trim a good 1/2" or so. The 1st time I did it (and if I've forgotten) it tends to kink more and that's unpleasant and somewhat bad for you as you can get a uti (although I haven't had one yet).

Just to make sure I understand this, you mean on the catheter side it's too long and you trim a little? Also the catheter does go over the barbed quick connect fitting barbs or inside that small barbed fitting? I would assume the catheter stretches over the barbed quick connect fitting.

Long so it makes gentle radius. Also allows the quick connect in an easy to access location. I run an extension hose so the quick connect above my waist.

I suppose while you're in the water and horizontal it doesn't matter much but I can see how the extra length doesn't really get in the way. Seems like you route it up towards your chest and then it bends gently back to the valve on your leg. Not sure if it makes much difference for the times where you're not horizontal (on land/boat)?

I suppose while you're in the water and horizontal it doesn't matter much but I can see how the extra length doesn't really get in the way. Seems like you route it up towards your chest and then it bends gently back to the valve on your leg. Not sure if it makes much difference for the times where you're not horizontal (on land/boat)?
I've never tried it on land. When I am diving it is set up so willie is pointing north. Just the way things work better for me. Some people prefer willie pointing south, doesn't work for me. East is best, but can't really point it east while in a drysuit

Just got the LM Balanced Tinkle Valve on my suit. For those that have these valves do you cut the hose to length or just direct the hose so it doesn't kink?

I trim enough off of the tip of the catheter so there's no kink there. Everything heads north, candy canes towards my calf and then down to the valve.

I've never tried it on land. When I am diving it is set up so willie is pointing north. Just the way things work better for me. Some people prefer willie pointing south, doesn't work for me. East is best, but can't really point it east while in a drysuit

Pretty much the same.

view

Just to make sure I'm understanding this I sketched an image. Red is the catheter and blue would be the quick connect fitting or whatever you connect your catheter to. Does the catheter go into the fitting (option A) or over the fitting (option B)?
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 8.57.45 AM.png

B

The quick connect is a barbed fitting, it will make sense if you had one in your hand.

Yea that's what I figured. I thought I read earlier in this thread that someone said you insert the catheter into the quick fitting. Into would made me imagine A but I had no idea how that would hold. I figured it had to be B. Thanks for confirming.

I’m one of the different ones, I refer straight down and out, ( I tried up and over didn’t like it) get the quick disconnect.
Read articles about sizing, enjoy diving

Back
Top Bottom