Peeing in a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Painter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I live in the northeast and recently I have been thinking about a drysuit. I know that having one would definitely expand my diving opportunities. I started reading up on them and ran into several articles having to do with the valve/(ahem) condom connection. It sounds like it is uncomfortable, at best (especially the removal part, but a squeeze there is a possibility, too....ouch). Does anybody just drysuit dive wearing Depends? I know that I can't make it through any dive without peeing.

Thoughts?

P valve and condom cath is fine. It’s a proven method. There’s a bit of a learning curve but it’s way better than a diaper.

I love how this question pops up every 4 months or so :) I’m more concerned that my little weenie won’t fit into the catheter thing properly... I guess I’ll find out on Vancouver island next year :)

I love how this question pops up every 4 months or so :) I’m more concerned that my little weenie won’t fit into the catheter thing properly... I guess I’ll find out on Vancouver island next year :)

I'm completely oblivious about dry suits, but doesn't a catheter fit inside you (instead of the other way around)?

Condom Catheter goes on the outside. It is a condom with a nipple on the end that mates to some tubing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom