Peeing in a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like a 90% Isopropyl alcohol?

The stuff I’ve got is 70%. I found it in March, got several bottles, and I’ve been careful with use.

Others use Steramine, which is often used to clean the loop on RB. You can get it on DGX and it’s fairly cheap.

Back when I dived dry exclusively I always "plumbed up". For me the key to preventing a UTI was:
(1) I used an unbalanced pee valve. Easier to keep clean as there is no balancing mechanism that likes to trap and grow bacteria. Just a straight tube from one end to the other.
(2) I flushed everything immediately post dive with water initially and then a 2nd flush with a mixture of 33/33/33 parts alcohol/white vinegar/hydrogen peroxide.

I never had a UTI in over 500 dry dives.

It's not the end of the world to take apart a p valve every so often either. I can only speak for the Trigon, but it's stupid simple to disassemble. I might do it in a few months just to gauge how my post dive "flush" is working.

You guys are so lucky to have external urination anatomy.

We are lucky, fortunate and even happy about it for sure :)

I was. I moved about 6 years ago. So much nicer here!
She-p is complicaed compared to a condom cath. Trust me on that.

It can be a bit of a fuss to get rid of the remaining glue but I'm very happy that the she-p exists. When I have planned multiple dives on one day I like it that I can keep my drysuit onbetween dives.

Besides that, the alternatives don't seem that much more appealing to me :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom