Pee versus the semi-dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmoffatt

Contributor
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I apologise for another icky topic... I am interested in a semi-dry for warmth as the water here in Melbourne is 13 degrees C now and getting colder as winter progresses.

However I err am rather prone to immersion diuresis, if you catch my drift. Is this the enemy of the semi-dry? Will it be reduced by being warmer? Or should I skip the semi-dry, get a second mortgage and get a dry-suit with P valve?

thanks
Hamish

i wonder if you could use Depends with a semi-dry?

probably not ... just thinking outloud

melbourne diving :shocked2:

go to the drysuit, straight to a drysuit,.... do NOT pass anything (pee or otherwise) on your way to ordering this

because, at some point in the next 12 months, you will wish you had bought a drysuit and will be planning on buying a drysuit :D

get a pvalve while you are at it - and at least one pocket if not 2.... get all of this done at the same time so you dont have to hand the suit back in at a later date to do an upgrade

btw, i dive in a semidry most of the time (when not in a drysuit) and pee ALL the time when in my semidry, its no issue - just flush the suit a bit before you get out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom