pee valve????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shawley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know what a pee valve does but how does it work? I hear people talk about it but how does it work? sorry still new!:D

You use a catheter which is the same as they use in a hospital. Then a tube carries the urine out...

There are two styles of pee valves, balanced and non balanced. After having a balanced fail and leak, I went the simple route of unbalanced and am very happy. The unbalanced uses a bolt on the outside to make sure nothing floods. I also found the unbalanced to flow much more. My other friends with balanced valves have complained about not being able to pee quickly either.

In my book pee valves are a must as hydration is too important even if you are not doing deco dives.

You use a catheter which is the same as they use in a hospital. Then a tube carries the urine out...

There are two styles of pee valves, balanced and non balanced. After having a balanced fail and leak, I went the simple route of unbalanced and am very happy. The unbalanced uses a bolt on the outside to make sure nothing floods. I also found the unbalanced to flow much more. My other friends with balanced valves have complained about not being able to pee quickly either.

In my book pee valves are a must as hydration is too important even if you are not doing deco dives.

Same way as in a hospital? Who threads yours in? LOL. :eyebrow:

I say DEPENDS!!!

im going to ask a question that may make a grown man cry so apologizes now.......

so

i thought, when a hospital inserted a catherda it was like a tube that is inserted inside the penis (can i say penis on SB?) so is is actually a drysuit comdom type thing they use?

im seriuos, i really thought thats what they do

A small note:

The catheter Peter C mentions is an EXTERNAL catheter, not an internal catheter (or "Foley" catheter, I would NOT want to place that every time I go diving).

There is a humorous thread running about Wide Band condom catheters right now that is worth a read for the unindoctrinated pee valve user.

We do use condom catheters in the ER some times. We call it a "Texas cath" (no idea why), and I only use them on patients that I know will be discharged or are immunocomprimised.)

We call it a "Texas cath" (no idea why),
Maybe they lack control.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom