Pee Valve AND Convenience Zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the risk of derailing my own thread and after some reading on the subject, I have to ask a question. It seems that there are forces at work, particularly for us “seasoned” divers that might make it more difficult to keep a catheter in place such as cold water and no longer having the “gift of youth”. Is that an issue? Asking for a friend. 😊 DM me if that helps.

Search for the prep wipes, grooming etc. it all helps along with the right catheter to stick, if it leaks you still have a washing machine.

Put it on at home when you're warm and relaxed. Don't try to enlarge it or out it on while your wife is getting out of the shower and you'll be fine. Natural state is relaxed, enlarged slightly means it will retract to normal and be uncomfortable with the glued on cath... don't ask me how I know

Box of prep wipes are cheap and make removal even easier imo.

get a 3 pack of caths to verify your size before buying a box of 30 or 50.

At the risk of derailing my own thread and after some reading on the subject, I have to ask a question. It seems that there are forces at work, particularly for us “seasoned” divers that might make it more difficult to keep a catheter in place such as cold water and no longer having the “gift of youth”. Is that an issue? Asking for a friend. 😊 DM me if that helps.
There is a difference in quality/adhesiveness of different brands. I like the Rochester brand the best. Never had a leak with those. I still have some old ones of another brand (forget which one), but I risk those only for short dives. If I'm in the water for a couple hours, Rochester is a must.

it helps to purchase a couple extra really large ones just in case a friend forgets theirs and asks you for one

I dive in really cold water, as @wetb4igetinthewater said the Rochester brand have never failed on me. Matter of fact, it's never failed on me in hot sweaty summer months either. I've also tried other brands, none feel as great.

All of my few leaks have been because no one really goes into detail how to don a catheter (at least that I've found). First, you should never be "excited". You don't want to pull any skin back at all. When you're done you want it to look like it always does... just hanging and limp. I try to shove the head up in there as far as I can with the skin still around it (I can't give any experience about uncircumcised and what they do). The "deeper" into the catheter that I get, the better the seal.

I'll put mine on @ 1am and sometimes won't remove until 6pm that night. Never an issue doing it the way I described above. I don't shave, after I get the tip on I'll pull the hair back as best as possible and roll down with the other hand. 90% of the time I don't get any hair, sometimes I do and that sucks. When it's all over I peal it off... have never used anything to "help" the process. It's just a band aid. I don't go real fast but I don't stop either.

Gosh I hope we're all adults and this didn't offend anyone by being too graphic. I really wish someone went over it with me. My first 50 dive with a pee valve I was pulling the skin back and over the course of time (as the skin wanted to go back to it's natural place) the catheter would start to work it's way off.

Good luck!

First, you should never be "excited".
I thought I had heard about pretty much everything under the sun. I didn't know there was a fetish for peeing through a tube. I learned something new today. o_O :poke::outtahere:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom