Pee Valve AND Convenience Zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, definitely makes sense to have both a pee valve and a fly zip as they're two completely different things.

Obviously a pee valve is used underwater for relief.

The "convenience" or fly zip means that you can vent your suit or reach in to grab the pee valve hose and most frequently the quick disconnect.

I've always had both and the fly zip means that the suit dries out more quickly with a HangAir fan-assisted hanger as the air can come out around the waist, not just down the arms, thus giving more circulation.

Most frequently I use the fly zip to get the catheter connector off the pipe; means you don't need to unroll the suit, unzip the main zipper to get at the end of the pee valve pipe.

Oh, in the decade I've had a convenience zip I've not once used it to pee through, as in stand at a urinal! If I'm wearing a suit on a boat and need to go, I'm unlikely to have the suit fully on. If I did, I'll be connected to the pee valve and would use that.

So many ways to skin a cat.

Convenience is being able to go to the back of the boat, or be in the water, or stand next to the car in broad daylight with people all around and just let it go.

Only p valve for me, on every dive. After you get used to it it's just another thing.

The worst feeling in the world (to me) is doing the thing I love the most and my back teeth floating and that's all I can think about.

Convenience is being able to go to the back of the boat
Just don't be talking to the boat captain still inside of the boat, just in case anyone needs clarification :oops: :shakehead::p:stirpot::wink:

It doesn't go over well. So I read on the internet one time.

Just don't be talking to the boat captain still inside of the boat, just in case anyone needs clarification :oops: :shakehead::p:stirpot::wink:

It doesn't go over well. So I read on the internet one time.
But, if you must, do NOT break eye contact!

So here's a smart suit

353 017a (1).jpg

An hour in the ocean is enough for me, no coffee no alcohol and sometimes wear a nappy

So many ways to skin a cat.

Convenience is being able to go to the back of the boat, or be in the water, or stand next to the car in broad daylight with people all around and just let it go.

Only p valve for me, on every dive. After you get used to it it's just another thing.

The worst feeling in the world (to me) is doing the thing I love the most and my back teeth floating and that's all I can think about.

"...back teeth floating..."

What does that mean? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom