Peacock/Orange on the 28th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI:
How is your back are you ready to do 40 fathom?

...sigh...no rest for the weary... :) Back is about 100% so I guess I am ready as I will ever be. The second or third weekend in Sept should work well - just need enough notice to give Pdoege a heads up as he is graciously lending me his extra wing for redundant bouyancy. The only date I have blocked out is Sat the 18th.

Other than that I think I am set - if you can fill me up an AL80 with 36% travel gas I am ready to hit the depths...

StarrySkies:
...sigh...no rest for the weary... :) Back is about 100% so I guess I am ready as I will ever be. The second or third weekend in Sept should work well - just need enough notice to give Pdoege a heads up as he is graciously lending me his extra wing for redundant bouyancy. The only date I have blocked out is Sat the 18th.

Other than that I think I am set - if you can fill me up an AL80 with 36% travel gas I am ready to hit the depths...
So not the 18th but another day. Ok what is your dates Pm me

fgray1:
As well as the training envionment. I would go to Paradise or Blue grotto. They are closer to the real thing than Devils den. Just my 2PSI.
I found it dark enough and viz was kind of out enough for it to seem useable. There were plenty of rocky crags to tie onto. If we have our eyes closed it wouldnt matter really which place we were in, only that devils is shallower, so we could get longer dives in (which isnt really the case with blue grotto or paradise IMO) to practice more. Who knows, we are still mulling this weekend. Who knows where this cane is going, looks like it is up the turnpike - so might just about get a day of diving in on saturday and maybe monday too. Watching the storm closely again!

I'm planning on being at Peacock sat. if others are. Got to make up for lost time.

fgray1:
I'm going to try and make it. I won't know until we get closer.
Fred

I hope you can make it - I don't think I am quite ready to do this solo. :11:

Of course these plans are still very much open to "where is the storm going?" eventualities, but it does look like another fun time in central florida - so maybe we will escape for the day before the storm hits, if we can to cave country. Will know more as the weekend approaches, will keep in cell contact with several of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom