Peacock/Orange on the 28th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1:
This made me more nervous than the caves too.
But You'll be fine. Rick will be there and your in good hands.
Fred

Does this mean you won't be ablet to join me? :frown2:

fgray1:
I'll have to watch my schedule for that weekend. I have company coming in from Europe.
I'll know better by next week.
Fred

Very cool that you will have friends over! Hope you have fun

Right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we all make it through sat/sun ok -so much to do to prepare for the storm - so little time...sigh...

GDI:
The storms are yet another reason to enjoy the springs
Assuming you can get out of your house!

I will be in touch tonight after church services regarding the options for saturday and then i guess checking in once we know what might be happening either friday night or saturday morning. I just dont want to be stuck out in cave country and not able to get back to Orlando - i just dont know yet what that timeframe will be!

let me know. Is Manatee Springs closer than Ginnie to where you live? I think it might be about the same

I believe Manatee and Ginnie are just about equidistant from Orlando, but the question is whether or not it is smart to leave town on Saturday. It may be best to just join you and Pete on Monday, after the storm has passed. We won't know for sure, though, until Friday. Hope you don't mind us being tentative for now.

Keep in mind that there is a curfew in orange country from saturday early evening til sunday afternoon. They don't want anyone on the roads and are telling people to stay home and if you need to evac, do it before saturday.

Thanks for the heads-up, Wendy. When do they plan to broadcast that? Does that apply to all counties in this area? (I am not an Orange county resident)

OrlandoRogue:
Thanks for the heads-up, Wendy. When do they plan to broadcast that? Does that apply to all counties in this area? (I am not an Orange county resident)

I believe it was discussed in thsoe meeting they cover on TV. Just like the other week they asked all drivers to be off the roads by 2 pm-ish. Once the big winds come thru, even police an emergency vehicles are taken off the road for safety issues. Also keeping people off the streets during the height of things keeps looters at home. Last storm I know the buses stopped running early.

I will be working at a local EOC this weekend.

Also if you live in a mandatory evac area and you do not leave your home, you can be removed. Its a state law. (that was just one the news).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom