Peacock - 06/07 AND 06/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Saturday morning did a dive up the Peanut line to the Peanut restriction. Cleaned more of the dangling thingies (junk) off of the gold line. Vis is getting very nice on the peanut side now. Measured 10ft at the ceiling the breakdown room so the water level is still dropping.
Satuday afternoon we did a dive up Orange Grove to the Distance Tunnel. Upper OG looks really nice now AND there was a very nice outflow to it too. :D
It's come up in a week (probably due to recent rains in the area). Went up the Distance tunnel until we hit the "split" and turned. Vis was from 20-40 feet in the Distance Tunnel and 40-60 feet up Orange Grove.

Sunday morning we headed up the Pothole (Main) Line and jumped onto the Cisteen line and took a foray up near Wishbone. Again , I tried to clean the line of danglies when I could. Water was quite tanic up there (especially when you past the jump to Nicholson). But we saw a few white crawfishers dropping from the ceiling ready to pounce :rofl3: . That's a good sign too.

The main line still is tanic. But it's getting better slowly. Once the flow starts picking up in there , it will SLOWLY start to clear out. Still LOTS of poofie and leaves etc on the floor in the main tunnel. The Peacock line is much clearer.

That's all for now. Film at 11 :D

Jean

P.S. And of course , all dives were at the non-professional level :D
That shorty is good for these HOT summer days.
AND the P1 basin isn't all that bad. I could see my 'puter at my 10 foot stop if I held it about a foot away. :D

Thank you again for letting me join you guys to dive at OG. That was possibly my favorite dive ever. I can see why you consider Peacock to be your home cave. So pretty, and so many little pokey holes that I want to come back and peek in. Jean, thank you for taking the time to point out the little things I might not have noticed because I was so caught up in the big picture.

Thank you again for letting me join you guys to dive at OG. That was possibly my favorite dive ever. I can see why you consider Peacock to be your home cave. So pretty, and so many little pokey holes that I want to come back and peek in. Jean, thank you for taking the time to point out the little things I might not have noticed because I was so caught up in the big picture.

Awww....You are MOST WELCOME :D
Anytime.
And yes , lots of little pokey holes in dem dere passages.
Lots more on the Peanut/Pothole side , let me tell you , you betcha dere , don't ya know.

Anytime you want a dive , let me know ! :D

Thanks!
Jean

Coming down this wkend, has the Vis gotten better?
Did 2 dives there today. 50ft or so for gold line peanut/pothole. Basin is 1-2ft max. 68deg water temp in the system, and no flow. Wear a drysuit, or drink enough water to pee your heart out in your wet suit! Vis isn't perfect, but I had a ton of fun either way, so I'd say go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom