Paul Watson (Sea Shepherd) needs to man up!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh nope.

Oh right, just because a country doesn't agree with certain terms set by the international community means they can just ignore them. I forgot. Wouldnt it be great if society were run the same way?

It wouldn't matter DB because I'm sure they wouldn't match yours.

BTW - Sas Iceland takes 300 whales. 150 are endangered fin whales.
no, I was just wondering that the comments you make about unsustainable numbers of Minki whales imply that your using some figures and I was curious what they might be

Japan seems so good at finding whales, I bet they could make a lot more money on eco-tourism instead of eco-destruction. But, why would they do that when it is clearly more fun to slaughter than just admire from a distance.

DB - I don't recall saying it was sustainable or not.
For me it's not necessarily all about the sustainability, I
think whaling is cruel and inhumane. Just because it may
be sustainable doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing
to do.

Saspotato, Take a moment. Comparing dollars donated to how many whales you will harpoon is just ridiculous and I don't even have a dog in this fight.

OK, thanks , that's a valid reason ... not so sure that it's one for supporting Watson but that's your right

I'm more against his tactics than any other thing

Because their numbers are but a fraction of historical levels. The Japanese are destroying their ability to recover. :shakehead:

How do you know?

It's illegal to whale in a sanctuary and commercial whaling is illegal. The meat is
being sold right off the boat.

Show me the law plz.

Oh right, just because a country doesn't agree with certain terms set by the international community means they can just ignore them. I forgot. Wouldnt it be great if society were run the same way?

Yep, this happens all the time. The US is well known for doing this.

DB - I don't recall saying it was sustainable or not.
For me it's not necessarily all about the sustainability, I
think whaling is cruel and inhumane. Just because it may
be sustainable doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing
to do.

So is most harvesting of animals for food or other reasons.

Saspotato, Take a moment. Comparing dollars donated to how many whales you will harpoon is just ridiculous and I don't even have a dog in this fight.

I think it is ridiculous that cdreamer thinks what I am saying is dumb so it was in response to that. I know what I am talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom