Paul Watson (Sea Shepherd) needs to man up!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So wait, anyone can just go out into the ocean and claim something as a sanctuary and no one can fish there?

Well, as of 10/06/2010 12.43pm (Melbourne time) I, Saspotato claim the entire ocean of the Earth to be a sanctuary and if any of you fish in there I am seriously going to sue the hell out of you and blow up your boats.

The International Whaling Commitee designated the area to be a whale sanctuary
in 1938.

Are you a member of the IWC?

So wait, anyone can just go out into the ocean and claim something as a sanctuary and no one can fish there?

Well, as of 10/06/2010 12.43pm (Melbourne time) I, Saspotato claim the entire ocean of the Earth to be a sanctuary and if any of you fish in there I am seriously going to sue the hell out of you and blow up your boats.

Newsflash: Japan has accepted the sanctuary terms, hence they are forced to disguise their hunting for meat as "research." Stop pretending like this is some overnight declaration on the behalf of a few environmentalists in the US. Japan is actually breaking international law but proving that is a different matter. Quite honestly, I would be far more worried about the piracy that goes on outside of africa than the "piracy" that paul watson uses.

The International Whaling Commitee designated the area to be a whale sanctuary
in 1938.

And Japan opposed its creation and has asked for its removal saying the Sanctuary goes against the ICRW. IWC has refused to submit a case for legal analysis.

And their research whaling is allowed in the Sanctuary.

Are you a member of the IWC?

Yes.

Newsflash: Japan has accepted the sanctuary terms,

Ahh nope.

I'm up to about 40 whales. I'll be well fed for the next few months.

So are you just going to ignore any opposing argument to the one you have?

I asked you to show me specifically how Japan is in violation of the international law? Not just your gut feel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom