Paul Watson (Sea Shepherd) needs to man up!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can harvest whales sustainably.

And before 2009 Iceland barely took any fin whales, now look at what they are up to... Sea Shepherd's campaigning seems to be doing sweet FA.

Now you're just being silly.

Japans quota is more like 1300 - not 500. 500 is all they got in Antartica because of
Sea Shepherd. You must have gotten a little confused when you were trying to
teach me a lesson. LOL

Japans quota is more like 1300 - not 500. 500 is all they got in Antartica because of
Sea Shepherd. You must have gotten a little confused when you were trying to
teach me a lesson. LOL

And Iceland caught half a dozen or so fin whales in the three years before 2009. In 2009 they took 125 out of a 150 quota. How did Sea Shepherd help there? I would say that preventing the harvesting of fin whales (ENDANGERED) would be far more important than faffing around in the Antarctic stopping Japan taking minke whales (NOT ENDANGERED). Perhaps they have their priorities wrong :wink:

And quotas in Japan, there are other reasons why they get fewer whales in the Antarctic including weather, it's not just Sea Shepherd :wink:

And Iceland caught half a dozen or so fin whales in the three years before 2009. In 2009 they took 125 out of a 150 quota. How did Sea Shepherd help there? I would say that preventing the harvesting of fin whales (ENDANGERED) would be far more important than faffing around in the Antarctic stopping Japan taking minke whales (NOT ENDANGERED). Perhaps they have their priorities wrong :wink:

And quotas in Japan, there are other reasons why they get fewer whales in the Antarctic including weather, it's not just Sea Shepherd :wink:

Why do you think so few were taken? Maybe because they just weren't there to
be taken.
Sea Shepherd is defending a Whale Sanctuary against illegal poaching.
Tuna season legally ended today so now they are after tuna poachers and you are
ok with that priority - right?

Why do you think so few were taken? Maybe because they just weren't there to
be taken.
Sea Shepherd is defending a Whale Sanctuary against illegal poaching.
Tuna season legally ended today so now they are after tuna poachers and you are
ok with that priority - right?

Or maybe aliens stole the whales and put them on another planet. Or maybe they have invisibility shields that they use. Maybe Japan hired lazy whalers this year who spent their time drinking and playing poker instead of harpooning. :idk:

The poaching is not illegal. Japan has disputed the legality of the sanctuary and they are using the IWC's own rules to continue whaling (which btw aren't law so they could say screw you guys, we're going commercial whaling!)

Yep, tuna would be a much better use of Sea Shepherd's time. Or going after Icelandic whale ships hunting fin whales.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

For everytime you post something dumb from here on out - I am going to donate
$10 to Sea Shepherd in your name!!!!:rofl3:

Each time you post something ignorant I will harpoon a whale.

Ok then why is it illegal poaching? Please explain the relevant laws and how Japan is in violation of them?

I think I'm going to need a lot more harpoons than I have in my garage :\

I'm sorry. Poaching is illegal. Fishing, hunting, harpooning - all illegal in a sanctuary.

So wait, anyone can just go out into the ocean and claim something as a sanctuary and no one can fish there?

Well, as of 10/06/2010 12.43pm (Melbourne time) I, Saspotato claim the entire ocean of the Earth to be a sanctuary and if any of you fish in there I am seriously going to sue the hell out of you and blow up your boats.

Perhaps places like the US should stop fishing and shipping traffic because you're probably killing more whales this way hmm?

Yes, actually the US should. Also, stopping all shipping has been found to be unnecessary, because whales only hang out in certain shipping lanes, so routing around them can help cut the collisions drastically.

Back
Top Bottom