Patriots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I predict: this is not going away, and is going to get a whole lot uglier before it's over.
On this we agree. As to the statements made that the outcome of the game was changed, well, there are many things that could change the outcome of a game. This was just one.

Perhaps they should review the full, official, game tape of that Superbowl to determine just how many other "mistakes" the players made that would have changed the outcome of the game (dropped passes, missed tackles, missed blocks...).

The suit was filed on behalf of one of the NFL's greats, Willie Gary :)rofl3:). He played one season with the Rams and not a play in the Superbowl. Yep, HOF material there.

Apparently Gary wants each member of the Rams Super Bowl roster to receive $150,000. According to Gary's suit, each Ram should get $25,000, which is the difference between the bonuses paid to the losing team and the winning team, as well as $125,000 as compensation for not receiving a Super Bowl XXXVI ring, an amount Gary arrived at because he says that's what a Super Bowl ring would fetch on eBay. The lawsuit also seeks a refund on behalf of everyone who bought a ticket to Super Bowl XXXVI. It would be interesting to see how they are going to distribute the refund.

Sounds to me more like a bonanza for the lawyers.

I have no dog in this fight. I just find it funny that he waited until after this year's superbowl to file a suit when the whole issue of taping the other team's practice/game calls was brought to light way back near the beginning of the season.

We had better stop letting people take their cell phones into the games. They could use them to send a video feed directly to the sidelines.

Back
Top Bottom