Patriots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this is it the big day showtime the game is on baby.
So lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!

:speargun:

That had to hurt, huh guys?:wink: At least Tom can limp home to Giselle in NY for some consolation.

I've got an extra $1,000 to spend--I hope you guys hedged a little by taking the 12 points.

A great fourth quarter of football. Condolences to Pats fans who still had a great, if not perfect, season. Too bad their coach couldn't wait until the game was over to leave. Perhaps he has some more illegal film footage to review for next year...

That had to hurt, huh guys?:wink: At least Tom can limp home to Giselle in NY for some consolation.

I've got an extra $1,000 to spend--I hope you guys hedged a little by taking the 12 points.

Tough game, but hey, 3 outta 4 ain't bad. I'm with you...I would've taken the points. Pats have only covered one superbowl they've played in(out of 6). At least it was a close, entertaining game where the refs kept their whistles in their pockets and called a good game(unlike the Pitt-Seattle SB--that one sucked!).

Bring on baseball season. Pitchers and catchers report this month. See you in Ft. Myers!

PS You really have EXTRA money? LOL!

LobstaMan

Bring on baseball season. Pitchers and catchers report this month. See you in Ft. Myers!

You said it Lobsta!

The Green Monster, Teddy Ballgame, the Pesky Pole, "Bucky F'n Dent", Yaz, Carlton Fisk's 12th inning homer, Big Papi, the Yankees rivalry, the bloody sock, Dave Roberts' "steal of the century" and the "Okie Dokie"!

Enough of this foolishness! Let's get to what really matters in this town! :D

This is like the neverending story. The lunacy continues.

$100 Million Lawsuit against the Patriots

Now, just wait for the congressional committee to be formed.

I'm waiting for Tom Brady to sue his offensive line!

09000d5d80680097_gallery_600.jpg

I don't think an investigation into the alleged cheating is all that crazy, nor is a lawsuit by opposing players to be considered lunacy. Football is a 20 billion dollar a year industry, with another 20 or more billion in wagering on it. As such, it is not above charges of industrial espionage. If Coke caught Pepsi filming their secrets, it should be very concerned, as should the law enforcement community, as this is a crime, not simply bad manners.

Interestingly, the players seem to take an opposite view of things compared to management. The league and the owners want the whole thing to go away, and for good reason: because of parity, revenue sharing etc, the owners, in the long run, don't really give a rat's behind who makes the playoffs or wins the Super Bowl. A cheating scandal hurts the league as a whole, which they care more about than whether a given team in a given game won by nefarious means. Even if it was THEIR team, the owners don't gain anything by blowing this thing up...

The PLAYERS, on the other hand, get only a handful of chances to make it to the big dance. Moreover, their future in the league depends on their performance on a week to week basis. A few bad games and a QB could be benched and never get his job back again. Imagine if YOU were the QB who threw 4 ints in a playoff game and lost his job for good (it can happen that fast, and they know it), only to find out years later that the opposing coach stole your signals. You might not be so forgiving. In fact, you SHOULD file suit. Soembody cheated you out of a job. Or how about a player who has one shot at a Super Bowl ring, which could be a ticket to the Hall of Fame (for some players on the bubble, a ring may mean the difference between going to the Hall or not). You lose that shot because the other team cheated...that could cost you millions and that, folks, is what civil suits are all about: tangible financial loss due to malfeasance. If I was a player who found out I was rooked out of a ring by a cheater, I would sue too.

Note: the Rooneys of Pittsburgh acknowledge that the Patriots stole their signals in the AFC chamionship game several years ago, but that it had no "impact" on the game. The Steeler players, however, have gone on the record as saying that this is BS, how can knowing what a team is going to do before a play starts NOT impact the game?

I predict: this is not going away, and is going to get a whole lot uglier before it's over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom