Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
Self imposed fines and "restictions" are very ineffective.You can see from the wide slack they have given themselves " -5 hours- covers their butt. People don't want a voucher for future travel on JetBlue when you have screwed up that badly, they want their money back so they can fly on another airline.

Only if you assume that there is no incentive for them to avoid having to honor them. But, in your view, airlines have no incentive to move passengers to their destinations efficiently. Once they have your fare, the goal is abuse?

Do you honestly believe that this sort of thing happens all the time? 11 hours, 5 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours on the plane? Seriously?

And, given the number of people who will voluntarily bump themselves from oversold flights in order to collect vouchers on the airlines that oversold the seats, I think, in practice, you might also find that your second assumption is equally skewed.

Yeah, allowing offenders/Companies to set their own punishemnt is absurd. OK, sorry I screwed up, I will confine myself to Godiva's Chocolate Shop for 30 days.:rofl3:

Setting 5 hours on a cramped plane as a time before allowing passengers off the plane is not an improvement. JetBlues's system was broken and another 5 hours waiting is not fixing the problem. You have wrongfully detained me but now you are going to wrongfully detain me for a little less time? Huh?:confused:

DandyDon:
Got to agree. Five hours is too long - plus in this incedent, they explained that they did ask for evacuation after five hours, but it took more than five more to accomplsh it.

The last thing I'd want is a free ticket or voucher to the same airline who held me hostage in a metal tomb for 11 hours. I'm surprised we haven't seen news of a class action suit yet...?

pilot fish:
Yeah, allowing offenders/Companies to set their own punishemnt is absurd. OK, sorry I screwed up, I will confine myself to Godiva's Chocolate Shop for 30 days.:rofl3:

The airline has given $10 million in refunds, $16 million in travel vouchers and incurred $4 million in incremental expenses, such as overtime, Neeleman said in a conference call. By comparison, JetBlue fourth-quarter earnings were $17 million.

Yea, they're really going easy on themselves.

pilot fish:
Setting 5 hours on a cramped plane as a time before allowing passengers off the plane is not an improvement. JetBlues's system was broken and another 5 hours waiting is not fixing the problem. You have wrongfully detained me but now you are going to wrongfully detain me for a little less time? Huh?:confused:

Well, 5 hours is 6 hours less than 11. That's something.

How many times had they sat passengers on a plane for more than 5 hours in the history of their airline?

More than 3 hours?

People must realize that when you do not perform the task that you were paid for, you MUST return that money. When you have collected millions of dollars in tickets sales to fly passengers to Burpsville but were unable to even get the plane off the ground, you must return the millions of dollars you collected. That is not charity, or good will, that is the law.

pilot fish:
People must realize that when you do not perform the task that you were paid for, you MUST return that money. When you have collected millions of dollars in tickets sales to fly passengers to Burpsville but were unable to even get the plane off the ground, you must return the millions of dollars you collected. That is not charity, or good will, that is the law.

I like your debating style. When someone holds something up in front of you that you don't want to deal with, you just turn your back and fling in a different direction.

They did give back the money (or otherwise fulfilled their contract of carriage). To the tune of 10 million dollars. They also gave out an additional 16 million in vouchers (1.6 times the amount of the refunds they were obligated to make by contract).

They were in no way obligated to do this. Not by the contract that the passengers accepted, nor by any "law". To imply that this is a "trip to the Godiva Chocolate Shop" is goofy. Sorry, it just is.

Oh, and if you think the holders of those vouchers won't use them for a free trip because of the pain and suffering they've endured... well.

Exactly what law were you referring to?

"Passengers affected by flight delays within the company's control will be eligible for vouchers starting at $25 for delays up to two-hours, $50 for delay of up to four hours, and a voucher equal to the full amount of their one-way fare for delays over four hours and equal to the full round trip fare for delays over six hours. "

That first phrase gives them a large amoung of wiggle room. :) You imprisoned me in a cramped tube for 4 hours and all you want to give me is $50? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

OH, AND WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE LINE YOU HAVE TO WAIT IN TO GET YOUR $50 AND WHAT DOCUMENTAION THEY WILL REQUIRE. THIS IS WINDOW DRESSING FOLKS!

I WANT YOU TO LET ME OFF THE PLANE IN 2 HOURS SO TAKE THE $50 AND SHOVE IT!

Whoopy doddles

pilot fish:
I look for Wall St to punish Jetblue, current price, $13.85. I look for it to open lower and exceed it's usual 5 million shares traded daily. I look for it to close down 10% to 15%. I look for increased short positions and increased downward pressure.

Hmmm....

JBLU (Common Stock)
Exchange NASDAQ GS (US Dollar)
Price $12.90
Change (%) -0.66 (-4.87%)

Down 4.87%

That's less than 10%. Or 15%. By a factor of more than 2. Or more than 3.

You might want to look for better investment advice.

They have a 52 week trading range of $8,90 to $17.02. I see it trading at teh lower end over the next 6 months. We'll see if the public has learned anything also.

I wouldn't pick out the color of your private jet quite yet. "The Street" may know something that you don't :D

Originally Posted by pilot fish

I look for Wall St to punish Jetblue, current price, $13.85.

They did

I look for it to open lower

it did

and exceed it's usual 5 million shares traded daily.

it did

I look for it to close down 10% to 15%.

it closed down close to 5%

I look for increased short positions and increased downward pressure.

there was

Not too bad. You want perfect? :jump:Give it a little more time :)

pilot fish:
Originally Posted by pilot fish

I look for Wall St to punish Jetblue, current price, $13.85.

They did

I look for it to open lower

it did

and exceed it's usual 5 million shares traded daily.

it did

I look for it to close down 10% to 15%.

it closed down close to 5%

I look for increased short positions and increased downward pressure.

there was

Not too bad. You want perfect? :jump:Give it a little more time :)

:rofl3: You're not in politics, are you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom