Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
Yes I wish they would. There must be a load of people wondering how long you can keep referring to another board member as "Dim", and not get a ban. :shakehead

I don't think David is off topic either. He simply doesn't agree with you. You really have to learn that someone disagreeing with you isn't an automatic case of being off topic.
Thanks Kim, I don't know why he doesn't seem to get the disagreeing thing.
He wants to be funny.

dlndavid:
Thanks Kim, I don't know why he doesn't seem to get the disagreeing thing.
He wants to be funny.

Good job Dim :D You almost made a whole sentence :) :) :D

dlndavid:
He wants to be funny.
Well I think it's a safe bet that if someone hasn't managed that in 86 posts it's probably not going to happen.

Kim:
Well I think it's a safe bet that if someone hasn't managed that in 86 posts it's probably not going to happen.

Sadly, on the internet, this usually merely inspires someone to try for an 87th time. :shakehead

I've neve been in the Surface Interval forum but I am getting an idea of how posts go in there.

DandyDon:
I've neve been in the Surface Interval forum but I am getting an idea of how posts go in there.

This is tame very very tame. . . We are all very very friendly in there. . . not many posts get reported in there. . . anymore . . .

OHGoDive:
A truer conclusion will rarely be drawn. To all of you who hope that some sort of Congressionally endorsed piece of regulation is going to make air travel any better, then perhaps we could push for laws that would force Walmart to carry high quality, designer merchandise.

People choose with their wallets, simple economics. People want those planes to move efficiently, and at as low a cost as is possible. Quite often, even lower. And if a weather catastrophe mucks up the works, then people will scream that they aren't getting the service they demand. Not the service they will pay for, the service they demand. There is a big difference folks.

JetBlue would not be in business were it not for the fact that they could undercut the big boys on price. More perks, less cost. That's been their mantra since day one. And, it's made them the highest rated US airline in terms of customer satisfaction for the last several years. But, this episode exposes that every cut corner weakens the whole structure. The same people who were patting them on the back for doing things so cheaply are now leading the charge to have their head. They will survive, but, I can guarantee you that it will come at the cost of fewer low cost flight options for people.

And I suspect that the ones who scream loudest at how people are being abused by the uncaring airlines will be the first to assault the "greed" of the airlines for charging higher prices. Same as the ones who fight Walmarts in the neighborhood are often the first in line, clutching their sales flyer and coupons, when the doors finally open.

It's economics folks. You can't take from one side of the ledger without putting something on the other. The market can sort it out. Government intervention can only make it worse.

Can anyone say TSA?

Good luck, and happy flying everyone :wink:

---

Oh, and as an aside, I think I understand why so many people are so extremely horrified at the prospect of spending significant time inside an airplane on the ground. Based on some of the posts, it seems that it might have something to do with the fact that you can't light up while inside that plane. Hmmm. Might be why some people are so volatile? Maybe? But, that's another thread :)

Oh, and as an aside, I think I understand why so many people are so extremely horrified at the prospect of spending significant time inside an airplane on the ground.
Based on some of the posts, it seems that it might have something to do with the fact that you can't light up while inside that plane. Hmmm. Might be why some people are so volatile? Maybe? But, that's another thread
:)[/QUOTE]

TWO people thats a very broad brush

DandyDon:
I've neve been in the Surface Interval forum.
thank you DD, really :wave-smil

cdiver2:
Oh, and as an aside, I think I understand why so many people are so extremely horrified at the prospect of spending significant time inside an airplane on the ground. :)

TWO people thats a very broad brush
you are just being sillyu, maybe yous should get a dictionary and make a more formidle rebuttle, instead than just using bad grammer

:joke: :joke: :joke:

Back
Top Bottom