Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my estimation JetBlue has been severely wounded but wheather it is mortal remains to be seen. Judging from some of the posts in this thread, I think they might be able to blow some more smoke and stay viable. I would still stay short in the near term.

What I don't like about what they are doing is assessing puny penalties on themselves, which, IMHO, fall very short of corrective measures. Giving trapped passengers, held AGAINST THEIR WILL, only $50 for 4 hours of incarceration is pitance, and ntohing more than PR crap.

"JetBlue says flight problems will hit earnings
Airline says it will slash first-quarter and full-year results due to more than 1,000 recent flight cancellations.
February 21 2007: 8:20 AM EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- JetBlue Airways Corp. said Wednesday that the more than 1,000 flight cancellations it suffered in recent days will cut first-quarter and full-year earnings.

The airline, which canceled 1,096 flights after a Feb. 14 ice storm disrupted its New York-based operations, said it expects to report a first-quarter operating margin of negative 4 percent to negative 2 percent, based on an assumed aircraft fuel cost of $1.89 per gallon, net of hedges.

For the full year, JetBlue (Charts) forecast an operating margin of 8 to 10 percent, based on an assumed aircraft fuel cost of $1.94 per gallon, net of hedges."

Wow Jim, you are twice lucky, no wonder you have a child bride :wink:
There is a restaurant at the Buffalo airport called the Flying Tiger, nice place to have dinner and watch the planes land safely.

anyone ever seen that movie Final Destination?? Jim I think you . . well nevermind. . .

pilot fish:
In my estimation JetBlue has been severely wounded but wheather it is mortal remains to be seen. Judging from some of the posts in this thread, I think they might be able to blow some more smoke and stay viable. I would still stay short in the near term.

Their stock is currently up today. Gullible public? Dim-witted investors? Smoke?

Or, perhaps, a successful company with a proven track record dealing with wacky consumer advocates and bizarrely misleading media coverage on their own, without government pressures or oversight?

What I don't like about what they are doing is assessing puny penalties on themselves, which, IMHO, fall very short of corrective measures. Giving trapped passengers, held AGAINST THEIR WILL, only $50 for 4 hours of incarceration is pitance, and ntohing more than PR crap.

What you don't seem to like is being wrong. You simply spew inflammatory rhetoric which is neither accurate nor compelling to your argument. Words like "trapped", "against their will", and "incarceration" are designed simply to inflame a discussion and hold no merit.

In your humble opinion, how much should the airline pay if the passengers are delayed? You have yet to answer that question, though it's been asked several times. Free flights? $1000 for every man, woman, and child? All travel expenses being picked up by the airline? What, exactly, would make you happy?

:monkeydan WOOHOO FOR PILOT FISH :monkeydan

:wave-smil

Congrats for his 100th post in this thread

:balloon :hb2: :balloon

:drunks:

pilot fish 100
OHGoDive 48
dlndavid 44
DandyDon 31
catherine96821 14​

YEAH CONGRATULATIONS PiFi!!!!!!

100 POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!