Parts kits for Aqualung 1st and 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before heading off to the store, the pressure range you will be working in is 120 to 150. A 300 psi gage will obviouly work but it's range is a little higher than necessary. The higher the range of the gage, the fewer the indicator mark and the harder they are to read. A gage with a max pressure in the 200 psi range is a better choice. I prefer a 180 range if I can find one.

When you build and use your new IP gage, NEVER install it on a reg without having at least 1 second stage installed as well. (or add a pressure relief valve to your IP gage- 175 compressor relief valves work nicely). When, not if but when, you have a first stage that is freeflowing, you want some place for that pressure to relieve to other than an exploding gage or hose. The second stage will act as a pressure relief valve in the event of a defective first stage.

One of the advantages of servicing your own gear is that you quickly learn to discern when it needs to be serviced. You will discover that most regulators can do fine without service for many dives and as well, what parts can go for years and what parts need frequent replacement.

I have one Conshelf that has never been serviced. But, I got a brand new one (thirty years old lost in time) and it needed servicing as it free flowed and leaked environmental fluid. Oh, well, I am just rambling, got to go get under the Jeep now, armor plating to install, I am dreading it. Regulators are simple, Jeeps, not.

N

Can someone show me picture of a homemade gauge so I would know what to go by when ordering parts?

---------- Post added May 25th, 2013 at 07:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added May 24th, 2013 at 04:17 PM ----------
In Plastic-Teflon or Brass as to not hurt the soft brass regulator body or parts...:wink:

Jim...

Where could I find one of those? I can't use just regular needle?

You can get away with a steel safety pin or a dental pick if you have a steady hand and can pierce the o-ring without going all the way through it-but I consider that a last resort. A brass pick made from a brazing rod is more suited for the job.

There are commercial pick sets available here:
Oxygen Compatible O-Rings, Lubricant and Tools - Dive Gear Express

or From McMaster Carr
McMaster-Carr item number 9451k65

Here are pictures from my DIY IP gauge.

IPGauge_zps5c3dfd9b.jpg

I bought the gauges from Home Depot in the pneumatic tools section. Note I've drilled out the restrictor to have a more accurate creep/swing/recovery reading. While you're at the hardware store you'll have to get an adapter to fit whichever fitting you'll use to mate with the l/p port on the first stage. Most people use a inflator hose fitting. Now, having said all that, if I were to do this again, I would just get one from Dive Gear express for $8 and be done with it.

SCUBA Repair Tools - Dive Gear Express

Dive Gear Express also has over pressure valves available. As Herman points out, you must have some form of pressure relief in case you get a runaway IP.

Drysuit Inflation Accessories - Dive Gear Express

Last edited:
In the Titan manual there is a tool called the environmental diaphragm retainer wrench (P/N 0812-47) that seems like a special AL part. It's used for step 6a. Can anything else be used for this step? It's for removing the diaphragm retainer.

Any piece of steel that is thin enough to fit into the slot will do or you can grind a wide tool like a chisel to size. The environmental seal is an option so it may or may not be on a Titan....

It's the same reg as your Dacor. It will cost the same to service.
Why do you think the one on eBay won't need to be serviced and the one you have will?

Tools needed for your Dacor 12

Pick or pin/needle.

What is this used for? I don't see it being used anywhere in the Dacor manual.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2013 at 10:00 AM ----------

It's the same reg as your Dacor. It will cost the same to service.
Why do you think the one on eBay won't need to be serviced and the one you have will?

The MR12 is newer, but you're right I would still need to order the same parts. I'm going to do that today. The faster I can get this working the happier I'll be.

Should I rent a tank from the store to test after re-assembly? I know the shop won't do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom