Parts kits for Aqualung 1st and 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem you will have at the shop.
Firstly, they will not have the knowledge and experience of the members here.
They are looking for an excuse to sell you a new reg.
Dacor ticks all the boxes....old, out of business, no factory parts.

Even if they do know that it's really a MR12 they will say that for liability reasons they can't use Mares parts....and as for putting AquaLung parts in it, just forgataboutit.

Good thing is the MR12, Conshelf, Eagle are the simplest regs to learn to service yourself, with no special tools needed.

If your LDS won't sell to you....and the probably won't then eBay is usually one option.
Vintage Scuba is the other.
The main part to replace on your Dacor is the HP seat (the original one is very poor quality).
The next would be the balance chamber o ring.
The diaphragm is good for many, many years.

The US Divers Royal AquaMaster / Conshelf are the parts to look for at Vintage Scuba Supply.

I was looking at the Dacor service manual and the disassembly process seems excessive and somewhat complicated. How would I go about servicing the 1st stage and Aqualung Titan 2nd/octo?

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2013 at 10:28 AM ----------

Would this work?

Shop Online

For those 2nd stages I personally wouldn't service them.
The AquaLung LP seat is the best around.....I bet they are working perfectly.

If they were mine I'd carefully remove the soft purge cover (slip the round tab off the left side first as the covers get dry rotted with age).
Remove the diaphragm and ring.
Lay the reg flat side down at the edge of a table and use a spanner to undo the bit where the hose connects too.
Inside this is the orifice.
Using a flathead screwdriver unscrew the orifice. Once it is passed the last thread you will need to push it out with something soft so as not to damage the knife edge of the orifice.
The only reason to do this is to get to the little o ring and get some silicone on it.

The bit thats still in the reg will push back into the body and can be removed.
This holds the light grey seat.
You can now remove the seat carefully, turn it over and put it back.
Lube the outside and o ring and slide it back into the case.

Going back to the orifice, screw it back in all the way and then back it out 3 turns.
Attach the two metal bits together.

Tune the reg by screwing the orifice in and out until the freeflow just stops and the demand lever doesn't rattle......you'll need a tank and a working 1st stage to do this.

......the main reason to do all this is to get some silicone on the parts to make it easier to disassemble in the future.
Regs come under lubed from the factory and if they are several years old things get difficult to take apart.

Yes, and the only reason to do that is to make it easier to take apart in the future.

I have the second stage service manual here bit it doesn't mention anything about an orifice. What does it look like?

Is repairing the 1st stage difficult? How would I go about doing it?

Do you have a tank and an IP gauge?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom