Parts kits for Aqualung 1st and 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easy to find 1st stages..... Nothing wrong with Dacor, Parts are getting hard to find...

Jim...

Here it is:

evds37.jpg

According to what I was told elsewhere on this site anything with Dacor should be avoided. I was given the reg set for free so I guess I can't really complain.

Perfect.
That particular Dacor is a Mares MR12 (they were the same company for a wilse).
You can either use the Mares kit or, more economically, the AquaLung kit mentioned earlier is a direct fit.

Probably good for 40's but once in the 30's you really want an environmentally sealed 1st stage.
What 2nd stage do you have?

It never ceases to amaze the amount of BS some dive stores talk. Unfortunately for those new to diving the BS is often swallowed and ends up costing a small fortune. Fortunately SB is here to speak the truth. Unfortunately not everyone knows about it.

Glad it all worked out, it usually does, the Titan is a good reg.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2013 at 01:27 AM ----------

Probably good for 40's but once in the 30's you really want an environmentally sealed 1st stage.

Can environmental kits be retro fitted to that 1st stage?

It never ceases to amaze the amount of BS some dive stores talk. Unfortunately for those new to diving the BS is often swallowed and ends up costing a small fortune. Fortunately SB is here to speak the truth. Unfortunately not everyone knows about it.

Glad it all worked out, it usually does, the Titan is a good reg.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2013 at 01:27 AM ----------

Can environmental kits be retro fitted to that 1st stage?

Just a guess but since it's a MR-12 clone...or maybe more correctly a rebranded MR-12, odds are a MR-12 dry kit would fit. Considering the cost of the kit, I am not sure it would be worth the expence. In the long run it would be easier and likely less exensive to sell the stage and find an AL model that already had one, not to mention the service issues with the Dacor.

Just a guess but since it's a MR-12 clone...or maybe more correctly a rebranded MR-12, odds are a MR-12 dry kit would fit. Considering the cost of the kit, I am not sure it would be worth the expence. In the long run it would be easier and likely less exensive to sell the stage and find an AL model that already had one, not to mention the service issues with the Dacor.

Yeah I'd look for an older Titan first stage I imagine they can be picked up fairly cheaply.

It's an Aqualung Titan.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2013 at 08:42 AM ----------

The Mares MR12 and Dacor Eagle Sport regs are EXACTLY the same spare some re branding so why couldn't I just take it to a shop and get it serviced with MR12 parts?

I found a cold water kit on ebay for $40.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2013 at 09:17 AM ----------

I called my LDS about ordering Aqualung Titan parts. I was told that the cost for overhaul of the 1st and 2nd stages, and octo are $80-$90 each and because there's no warranty I would have to do this EVERY year. Maybe getting a new reg would make better sense. Is there usually a free parts warranty?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom