Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could make special requests. Just make them well in advance (maybe a month or so), and they will try to accommodate it as much as possible. We had salads and veggies, fruits and juices, tofu and green beans, various types of soup, etc. In the morning, I usually had oats with soya milk. I brought my own walnuts. They usually cooked something special for two of us every day, including special fruits desserts. At the same time, we are not extremely stringent vegans, and could deviate a bit, if it is really needed.

Perfect,thanks!

Do you have better pictures of the camera room and what they have in it? We are also trying to include a camera room in every cabin we build at our resort.

The picture in my report shows the 'camera room' quite well. Actually, it is not a room. It is a solid wide table made of iron wood along one side of the hallway, supported by two solids walls with a shelf. At one end there is a sink, and at the other end - there are two international receptacles. Also, they provide a wheelbarrow for every cottage (camera taxi), so that you could carry your camera rig with ease. Hope this is of help

I was very interested Sorido. But there are so many very mixed reviews out there regarding the service and quality of dive guiding. Any input on that.
The variability of the dive guiding is especially concerning. If anyone had a rec for someone to request maybe that helps control that. Was it dive your time or more controlled.
Second what is there to do on the shut down Saturday. Seems tragic to go all that way for an empty day. Will they really allow unsupervised shore diving? How many tanks are allowed.

I've never heard complaints regarding the service and quality of dive guiding at Sorido Bay Resort. Based on our experience and feedback from many other divers, who kept returning to this resort many times, this is one of the best diving resorts in Raja Ampat.

Based on my knowledge (please refer to my video Pioneer of Diving in Raja Ampat), their dive guides are very experienced and know dive sites very well. Before letting us jump into water, dive guides check currents, and on a number of occasions, we had to go to another site, if conditions were not favourable.
If you have this concern, however, you could contact the resort directly and discuss it with them.

During Saturdays they do not do day dives, but you could do unlimited number of unguided shore dives, plus you could do guided boat night dives. Also, you could do snorkelling. Considering remoteness of the dive resort, I would recommend to go to Sorido Bay Resort for minimum 10, or even better - for 14 or 18 days. Both times we stayed at this resort for 18 days, and personally I would not go there for less than 14 days.

I was very interested Sorido. But there are so many very mixed reviews out there regarding the service and quality of dive guiding. Any input on that.
The variability of the dive guiding is especially concerning. If anyone had a rec for someone to request maybe that helps control that. Was it dive your time or more controlled.
Second what is there to do on the shut down Saturday. Seems tragic to go all that way for an empty day. Will they really allow unsupervised shore diving? How many tanks are allowed.
I've never heard complaints regarding the service and quality of dive guiding at Sorido Bay Resort. Based on our experience and feedback from many other divers, who kept returning to this resort many times, this is one of the best diving resorts in Raja Ampat.

Based on my knowledge (please refer to my video Pioneer of Diving in Raja Ampat), their dive guides are very experienced and know dive sites very well. Before letting us jump into water, dive guides check currents, and on a number of occasions, we had to go to another site, if conditions were not favourable.
If you have this concern, however, you could contact the resort directly and discuss it with them.

During Saturdays they do not do day dives, but you could do unlimited number of unguided shore dives, plus you could do guided boat night dives. Also, you could do snorkelling. Considering remoteness of the dive resort, I would recommend to go to Sorido Bay Resort for minimum 10, or even better - for 14 or 18 days. Both times we stayed at this resort for 18 days, and personally I would not go there for less than 14 days.

I have stayed at Sorido Bay and Kri Eco and every year, a number of my colleagues spend our school's October break there, mostly at Sorido Bay. Like Laval, I have not once heard of anything negative about the dive staff or either resort.

@Laval great report and videos thanks!
I’ve always wanted to dive the other side of New Guinea, your video ‘Pioneer of Diving in Raja Ampat’ also gave an excellent insight to the philosophy and background of those running the operation.
Was really impressed with Max Ammer's desire to give back to the local community via the resort, conservation and other initiatives such as Frontier Aviation.
Sorido Bay Resort is now top of my list!

Great review, pics and vids cheers

@Laval great report and videos thanks!
I’ve always wanted to dive the other side of New Guinea, your video ‘Pioneer of Diving in Raja Ampat’ also gave an excellent insight to the philosophy and background of those running the operation.
Was really impressed with Max Ammer's desire to give back to the local community via the resort, conservation and other initiatives such as Frontier Aviation.
Sorido Bay Resort is now top of my list!
Tank you for your comments, Fibonacci. You will not regret visiting Sorido Bay Resort. In addition to the best diving in the World, you will have a chance to meet amazing people who are dedicated to the protection of the environment and giving back to the local community. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom