Trip Report Return to Paradise: Our Third Expedition at Sorido Bay Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With your videos, you could work for the BBC 🎬 🎞 🎥

@Laval can I ask where you get your music for your videos from? I’ve been having a hard time finding good stuff for my videos, and the music in your stuff is fantastic.

We'll be there the last week of October shaking off cobwebs before a liveaboard.
Visibility is expected to be good at that time, but no manta rays. I would be interested to hear your opinion of "Resort vs Liveaboard" after your trip. Also, at the resort, could you please say hi from me to Alessandra (manager of dive operation) and Julian & Marsha (resort managers). Thank you. Val

The link I posted also has links to 2024 rates if traveling this year!
Thanks for you kind comments. The GoPro is used by my wife, and for wide angle only. I used only a few clips from GoPro in this video. My camera rig with Sony camcorder PXW-Z90 in Gates housing allows me to film wide angle (i.e. manta rays or whale sharks) and macro on the same dive. For macro I have diopters (10X and 6X) attached to the wide angle dome. I just need to flip them and I can film macro.
So, are you going to be at Sorido Bay Resort sometime in October?
Really nice, crisp video - while GoPro is convenient to capture decent quality video on a dive, it is no substitute to a proper video camera if you are wanting to capture super high quality video like you’ve done here!

Visibility is expected to be good at that time, but no manta rays. I would be interested to hear your opinion of "Resort vs Liveaboard" after your trip. Also, at the resort, could you please say hi from me to Alessandra (manager of dive operation) and Julian & Marsha (resort managers). Thank you. Val
Hope springs eternal, manta-wise! I think the boat will give us a chance at the cleaning stations at Black Rock, and it'll be the second week of November by then, so we have a shot at it. I'll do my best to get a trip report up by, say, New Year's, and will certainly give them your best, Val. (We first booked this trip for October 2020. Best-laid plans, eh?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom