Trip Report Return to Paradise: Our Third Expedition at Sorido Bay Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi - we are looking at going to SBR in November 2024, we are snorkellers - do you know if there is good snorkelling around the house reef? What do guests do on the Saturday?
What was the food like?

Thanks very much!
Hi - I do not think snorkelling around the house reef is the most popular. To get to the best snorkelling spots you have to take snorkelling trips. This is what my wife did before she became a diver. Snorkelling at Kri Eco Resort, a sister resort, which is about 20 min walking distance from SBR, is good. We usually go there (by foot or paddle boards) to snorkel on Saturdays. You can do paddle boarding on Saturdays.

Visibility is expected to be good at that time, but no manta rays. I would be interested to hear your opinion of "Resort vs Liveaboard" after your trip. Also, at the resort, could you please say hi from me to Alessandra (manager of dive operation) and Julian & Marsha (resort managers). Thank you. Val
Forgive the slow response, Val. Will do, on all fronts. We sew at Murex Bangka in May, and got to know the former Sorido GM, Chris, who’s now the GM there. You probably know him from your earlier trips.

le sigh.... another place I must now put on 'the list'. Thanks for this great report!

Back
Top Bottom