Panhandle/ScubaBoarder Bonanza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NUTTZ:
Bugman you are right the pics are nice for recognizing people and the underwater shots are always good so keep it up.

Will do :) One of these days you'll have to ditch the classes and dive with us though!

You're right about Morrison's visibility. I checked my logbook and this past weekends visibility mimicked 4 dives I had in mid-November. I did 8 dives there in October(my first at that site was in Oct), all of which I had recorded better visibility. Apparently the waters simply recede much slower during the winter, but since we are warming up, the water levels should stay lower and recede faster after a rain.

Water is currently at 5.3' and dropping, but we may be getting rain tomorrow night and Wed - I guess theres no time like the present to see what will happen :)

I wish I knew of the NOAAs river level website when I first started diving Morrison. I'd like to know what the levels were when I was diving it last October. I remember it being gin clear on one occasion, we came around the bend of the spring run and could see people entering the water 100+' away. Looking forward to some of that again :D

So where is the group photo SeaYoda took?

I am kind of interested in this myself. I have been reading a good bit on Morrison today. This is a real neat spring with alot of history. I wish I had known that before hand. However I was blown away by the caverns and the layout ofthe spring basin. Absolutely beautiful! By the way I had three awesome dives with Waterdawg. He is a awesome dive buddy, he even took his time to help me square away my gear and show me a few tricks of the trade. I also enjoyed meeting Nuttz that morning and the rest of the SCUBABOARDERS in the afternoon. It would be nice to see the group picture. BTW for those in the know my test went pretty good today at work.

Erik
WaterDawg:
So where is the group photo SeaYoda took?

I had a great time diving will everybody. I thought I was seeing things but I guess I did see you there Nuttz.

Nice report SBM - enjoy the pics too.

I've been waiting for public demand for the group pic to reach a swell - NOT. I've been a little busy so now is the first chance to post. Some didn't make the group shot but here is what we got. I'll post some others as well:

SCUBADIVINERIK:
BTW for those in the know my test went pretty good today at work.

Thats good :) How often do those things come up anyway?

SeaYoda:
I've been waiting for public demand for the group pic to reach a swell - NOT. I've been a little busy so now is the first chance to post. Some didn't make the group shot but here is what we got. I'll post some others as well:

I figured the pic would be posted eventually :) thanks! Just noticed you rang up 1000 posts, you're getting too much time on your hands - get back to work!

Had a great time this weekend diving with everyone, even though we couldn't dive the jetties. Morrisons was great dive, so it made up for it. Seayoda and bugman great pics. and congrats on the 100th dive bugman. Im going to be down at vortex april 16th and 17th, heather is getting certified that weekend. So while she is diving the silt pool I would like to do some dives at morrison if it allows and then maybe do 2 night dives at vortex when it settles down a little. If anyone wants to do another day at morrisons your all invited.

kyle

SuPrBuGmAn:
...Just noticed you rang up 1000 posts, you're getting too much time on your hands - get back to work!
Work taking pictures or work-work? :D
Does 1000 posts make me a five star general?

kylepreid:
Im going to be down at vortex april 16th and 17th, heather is getting certified that weekend. So while she is diving the silt pool I would like to do some dives at morrison if it allows and then maybe do 2 night dives at vortex when it settles down a little. If anyone wants to do another day at morrisons your all invited.
Kyle you crackhead! I thought the plan was if I went down there with you all on the 16th we would rent a canoe and go to cypress. I've been dying to dive that site, and I'm sure we could take some of the other locals into coming out and showing us around.. Of course night dives at vortex and dives at morrison on the 17th would be cool. :)

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom