Palm Springs Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive never dove cold water, and so far the plan is the guided shore dive with OEX Scuba and Kayak out at La Jolla.

Im open to suggestions for boat dives that may be going out midweek on the 17th.

Oh yeah, I'll be staying in National City the night of the 16th. Ill be driving in around 10pm, if anyone know of a decent place within 30 miles to meet up for drinks. Or even the 17th around 2pm-6ish.

Ive never dove cold water, and so far the plan is the guided shore dive with OEX Scuba and Kayak out at La Jolla.

Im open to suggestions for boat dives that may be going out midweek on the 17th.

Oh yeah, I'll be staying in National City the night of the 16th. Ill be driving in around 10pm, if anyone know of a decent place within 30 miles to meet up for drinks. Or even the 17th around 2pm-6ish.

Try Marissa Dive Charters they run a pretty awesome dive operation and will put you in some good spots. I think you'll have a much better time if your first cold water dives are off of a boat than a beach, chances are the conditions will be better as well. Buena Suerte!

Billy

Last edited:
Not sure of my schedule for 17th yet. I have a 10ft Avon RIB that I launch from La Jolla Shores. Generally beats a kayak. I will probably need to work in the morning, but if you don't find something better, a two tank dive should still be possible. I'll check back w/ you on the 15th. We'll have a better idea of the diving conditions then as well.

Ill check it out Bishop, thanks. And I'll be driving in the night before, and staying in National City as a quick crash pad. Thanks to my Padi Diving Society Benefits, 15% off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom