Palm Springs Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ill be in Palm Springs Sept 17-18 and was thinking of trying to get a few dives in on the 17th.

Any local lakes within an hour of PS?

If so, I'll also need a buddy if anyone is interested.

Or, I could always use some partners in crime for Happy Hour that evening! :meeting:

No lakes that I know of...I mean there is the Salton Sea, but you'd have to wear about 50 lbs in weights to sink to the bottom, and you vis would be about 1".

The Pacific Ocean is much better.

Yeah, think I might just drive the 2 extra hours and do Catalina or some shore diving off of La Jolla.

Anyone want to join?

come on out to La Jolla. There are quite a few of us that dive frequently. I can almost gaurantee you will have a dive buddy. Shoot me a pm and we'll set something up.

Terry

I think Im going to do a guided shore dive with OEX Scuba and Kayak. Ill be driving in from Phoenix that morning, so being on a boat all day might not be the best bet for me. Than after diving, I have to drive back to Palm Springs for an interview the next morning.

Ive been diving for a year, but local lakes, San Carlos and Rocky Point. No cold water, so instead of being a burden I think the guided might be the best bet, unless someone can recommend a shop with decent boat trips.

Boat.

I hear tell there's a few of us loading up the Spectre on the 19th....

Personally, I do my one day trips on boats or Catalina since vis on shore dives never agrees with me.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any shop sponsored charters. I just call and get on the open boats. Im sure someone else will chime in though.

I'm guessing a gear rental is needed?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom