Palau second thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, what a ton of answers about Palau and the regions out here. (I live on Guam). Over the years as a former large dive shop owner I've taken groups to many of the destinations mentioned.

I've put together some (what I hope is unbiased) info on some of the areas on the link below. The one thing that I'd very strongly recommend if you are going to Palau is NOT go during late November thru April. It's really VERY busy there, all the rates go up, and it's not inconceivable to see up to 25-30 boats at the Blue Corner and some of the other sites. I still send lots of divers there but not during that season.

Here's the link. I hope this helps. While you're there take a look at the other pages. Gotta get a plug in.

Update I went on a livaboard (tropic dancer) durring Xmas and it's was AMAZING!!!! It seems the key to Palau is not to do day trips as we where the only boat since we went before or after the day trip boats. Livaboard is the best and only way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom