Palau, Fiji or the Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am waiting to hear of dependable internal traveling in Indonesia. That is one of the reasons I have not yet visited there although Scott has convinced me to join him next fall with the understanding that if I and all my gear end up in some prison camp my uncle Guido the killer pimp will pay him a visit. I have heard that to travel in Indonesia I need to plan a day or 2 for missed/changed connections. Hopefully that won't be the case next yr. At least Palau has decent connections. Just don't let them put you on the mail run (stops about 12 times from Guam).

Jay is that a Rhetorical question is there "dependable internal traveling in Indonesia"?....but then again you bring up the "mail run" to Palau which I must conclude you did!...perhaps that is not a Rhetorical question??....LOL....LOL:shocked2:...plus you are looking to go to Manado.....that is Singapore/Silk air.....lets get you to Sorong and wait for a Merpati flight.

And which is better diving Palau or Indo?....apples and oranges.....That is why I go to both every year!:D....but for bio diversity...indo wins!

Going from Jersey, I'd go to Fiji. Been there a few times and the people are the nicest people I've ever met. You can fly to LAX direct and then take a direct flight that evening to Fiji. Beqa lagoon was very well priced with great diving. My preference would be a liveaboard like the Naia. The service was great as was the diving. Paul Human who does the reef series books was doing multiple trips on the boat while we were there. Paul just happens to live about 15 minutes away from me. If diving is your main interest I wouldn't go without doing the Naia.

Back
Top Bottom