Palantic regulators; anyone have one, tried one, or heard reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering, why the interest in a totally unknown scuba regulator brand where there are already so many, well-established brands to choose from, with long track records ?

Just wondering, why the interest in a totally unknown scuba regulator brand where there are already so many, well-established brands to choose from, with long track records ?
My only interest would be another option for a supplier that sells rebuild kits to the consumer, especially at that price. Although another reg is the last thing I need...

Yes, I know it's a thread necro, but...

I bought a Palantec AS101 set (AS101 first and two seconds) for $160 on Amazon and love it. Breathes's great, no problems what so ever. You can buy service kits on Amazon for under $25 each. Not sure on where to take it for service as yet, but i am probably going to buy a second set for my pony soon.

It is not the skills of you or a technician I would be worried about but rather parts availability. Palantic is the house brand of Scuba-Choice, you would need to contact them for parts or try to source them yourself. I am not sure who the OEM is on these regulators. I could be wrong but they don't look like ODS regulators. Maybe they can use Trident parts or some other service kit.
You can buy the entire service kit online for about $20.

You can get a set of this (regulator, 1st stage and octo) for $160

I am seriously considering this. Would pay back from renting pretty quickly. But wondering if it's worth paying more for a name.

Although a cress AC2 set would cost me literally double the price.

Anyone got any more impressions or experiences?

Bought a AS 104 ice diving reg. Check it out, it's balanced and sealed, and has adjustable second stage with venturing adjuster......if you buy a Palantic reg. at Amazon make sure you spend the extra $ 20 for the rebuild kit as parts for these are mostly serviced out of a company in Australia . RETIRED and can't afford Scubapro or Cressi anymore...Palantic great so far

Still a big fan. Used mine today.
appreciate the update 1 year later. now that it has been another year, how is the reg holding up? did you ever get it serviced yet?

Still use it, still love it. I check the IP a couple times a year and until that starts to show variance or I have other issues with it, I'm not worried about service.

I continue to recommend them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom