Painted my tanks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Painted tanks just a little fun. I did talk to my LDS and painted the tanks just before hydro - although added decals and clearcoat after. They are getting dinged up a bit now but it's still fun. I have several in solid colors - easy for my boys to pick which tanks they want. Here are my Minions.
miniontanks.png

I was totally going to do minions and spent several days deciding which sticker set to do. The first tank I did was the yellow one and had planned to do them all with different faces. Then I ran out of yellow after 1 tank and had enough of the blue to do 1, and enough orange to do a few so I ended up with 4 different solid color tanks. Then I grabbed the tape went all random on the white one, and that lead to what I ended up with. I'm pretty happy with them :)

Where did you get the decals?
I did lots of online searches for minions. Found what I thought looked good, resized in photoshop, and then printed on some decal paper. Cut, stuck, and then clear coated over. They've done two summers of dives now, the yellow minion has some noticeable scrapes from dragging over some metal brackets (I need to redo my truck tank holders). I'll redo them when they get too bad - it's all just fun.

Back
Top Bottom